IDG News Service - Oracle Corp. has bought Global Knowledge Software LLC, a developer of enterprise software training automation tools, the companies said Thursday. GKS develops tools for building self-service training courses for enterprise software vendors, including Oracle, Microsoft and SAP. Its former parent, Global Knowledge Training LLC, sells IT and business training services.
Such training tools for enterprise employees are increasingly necessary as more and more business functions are automated and turned into self-service applications.
Oracle, a long-standing GKS customer, used the company's tools to build its Oracle User Productivity Kit as a complement to its Oracle Tutor software. It plans to provide training content modules for all its application products using GKS tools, it said.
GKS also supplies development tools to some of Oracle's competitors, including SAP and Microsoft.
Oracle said that it will continue to support customers that use GKS tools to train on non-Oracle applications and that it hopes to expand this part of the business. Customers building their databases of training materials on database engines other than Oracle's, such as MySQL, will also continue to receive support.
The companies hope to close the deal in the third quarter. They did not disclose financial details.
About 130 GKS employees will join Oracle as a result of the deal.
- A Modern Approach to the Data Deluge Read this whitepaper to learn how infrastructure leaders can confidently manage cost, complexity, and risk, capitalize on emerging technologies, and drive future innovation...
- Aberdeen Group: Marketing Analytics for Manufacturing: Forging Customer Insights There are no recalls for poor marketing. Manufacturers need to get their customer intelligence and messaging right the first time. Learn how.
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to... All Databases White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!