IDG News Service - Amazon.com Inc. on Tuesday launched hosted e-commerce payment services for merchants that want to outsource all or some of their online transaction processing tasks.
The two new offerings, called Checkout By Amazon and Amazon Simple Pay, are the latest services for businesses introduced by Amazon, which is best known for its massive online retailing operation.
Amazon described Checkout By Amazon as a "complete checkout solution" equivalent to the one that the company provides at its own online store.
Among its features are Amazon's 1-Click functionality, as well as tools for managing shipping charges, sales tax, promotions, refunds, cancellations and chargebacks.
Merchants can also let buyers access their Amazon.com account information to complete their purchases, as well as extend to buyers the protection of Amazon's "A to Z" transaction guarantee.
On the other hand, Amazon Simple Pay provides a number of payment products and allows customers to access Amazon.com account information on the participating merchant's Web site.
Simple Pay doesn't include the broad transaction-processing features of Checkout By Amazon, such as real-time shipping costs and tax calculations and order-management capabilities.
The fee structure for both products is the same. For transactions of $10 and up, merchants would pay 2.9% of the amount plus a 30-cent fee. Amazon said it will lower the commission percentage if a merchant hits certain payment volume levels on a monthly basis. The fee for transactions lower than $10 is 5% of the amount plus 5 cents.
- 6TB Oracle Ecommerce Stack Deployed on AWS in 7 Days A Fortune 1000 company was told that it would take more than 6 months to deploy their ecommerce stack on AWS. CloudVelocity deployed...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All E-business White Papers | Webcasts