IDG News Service - Amazon.com Inc. on Tuesday launched hosted e-commerce payment services for merchants that want to outsource all or some of their online transaction processing tasks.
The two new offerings, called Checkout By Amazon and Amazon Simple Pay, are the latest services for businesses introduced by Amazon, which is best known for its massive online retailing operation.
Amazon described Checkout By Amazon as a "complete checkout solution" equivalent to the one that the company provides at its own online store.
Among its features are Amazon's 1-Click functionality, as well as tools for managing shipping charges, sales tax, promotions, refunds, cancellations and chargebacks.
Merchants can also let buyers access their Amazon.com account information to complete their purchases, as well as extend to buyers the protection of Amazon's "A to Z" transaction guarantee.
On the other hand, Amazon Simple Pay provides a number of payment products and allows customers to access Amazon.com account information on the participating merchant's Web site.
Simple Pay doesn't include the broad transaction-processing features of Checkout By Amazon, such as real-time shipping costs and tax calculations and order-management capabilities.
The fee structure for both products is the same. For transactions of $10 and up, merchants would pay 2.9% of the amount plus a 30-cent fee. Amazon said it will lower the commission percentage if a merchant hits certain payment volume levels on a monthly basis. The fee for transactions lower than $10 is 5% of the amount plus 5 cents.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- EDI in China: Developing a Strategy for B2B Integration Success IBM solutions for EDI have helped companies across the globe securely connect and build partner communities.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Polycom Virtual Meeting Rooms Video The conference room is the hub for group collaboration. With Polycom, you can extend the productivity and efficiency benefits of face-to-face meetings beyond...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All E-business White Papers | Webcasts