"Proper" Flash "performs too slow to be useful," on the iPhone, Jobs warned. "There's this missing product in the middle. It just doesn't exist," he explained.
Jobs also insisted that Apple's relationship with Adobe remains strong -- and perhaps this claim is borne out by Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen's confirmation of plans to introduce Flash for iPhone on Tuesday.
Speaking during Adobe's quarterly investor conference call, Narayen confirmed that now that Apple has released the iPhone Software Development Kit, Adobe will develop Flash for the iPhone. Like other iPhone applications, this will be made available to users through the App Store in iTunes.
"We believe Flash is synonymous with the Internet experience, and we are committed to bringing Flash to the iPhone," Narayen said. "We have evaluated [the software developer tools] and we think we can develop an iPhone Flash player ourselves."
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!