No Flash for iPhone anytime soon, Jobs says
The issue came up at Tuesday's Apple shareholder meeting
Apple CEO Steve Jobs went on record to warn that the iPhone needs a Flash Player that works like it does on a computer, warning that the Flash Lite Player that Adobe Systems Inc. develops for mobile phones isn't sufficiently advanced for an iPhone.
"Proper" Flash "performs too slow to be useful" on the iPhone, Jobs warned. "There's this missing product in the middle. It just doesn't exist."
Despite the harsh words about Flash, Jobs insisted that Apple maintains a good relationship with Adobe all the same.
Jobs was a little less forthcoming when it came to fielding questions about the planned iPhone software development kit, saying only, "You'll see a lot of applications out there this summer."
He also promised the release of more .Mac applications this year.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Client Management Tools The client management tool market is maturing and evolving to adapt to consumerization, desktop virtualization, and an ongoing need to improve efficiency.
- Audit Ready and Asset Optimized: The Solid Promise of an Intelligent Software Asset Management Solution In this paper Frost & Sullivan examines the benefits of enterprise-grade Software Asset Management solutions, and how these solutions serve as the convergence...
- Pragmatic Endpoint Management: Empowering an SMB Workforce in the Age of Mobility Lacking the time for proper training and education, SMB administrators often resort to taking shortcuts to keep their environment running.This paper discusses the...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Application Security The market for application security testing is changing rapidly. Technology trends, such as mobile applications, advanced Web applications and dynamic languages, are forcing...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts