No Flash for iPhone anytime soon, Jobs says
The issue came up at Tuesday's Apple shareholder meeting
Apple CEO Steve Jobs went on record to warn that the iPhone needs a Flash Player that works like it does on a computer, warning that the Flash Lite Player that Adobe Systems Inc. develops for mobile phones isn't sufficiently advanced for an iPhone.
"Proper" Flash "performs too slow to be useful" on the iPhone, Jobs warned. "There's this missing product in the middle. It just doesn't exist."
Despite the harsh words about Flash, Jobs insisted that Apple maintains a good relationship with Adobe all the same.
Jobs was a little less forthcoming when it came to fielding questions about the planned iPhone software development kit, saying only, "You'll see a lot of applications out there this summer."
He also promised the release of more .Mac applications this year.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Infographic: Converged Infrastructure Benefits This Infographic quantifies the savings organizations are realizing from increased deployment speed, higher availability, and lower annual costs.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Going Paperless? Here's What You Need to Think About As makers of some of the world's most popular PDF solutions, we often consult with businesses & governmental agencies that have the goal...
- The Big Data Opportunity for HR and Finance If CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and CHROs want to drive their businesses forward, they will need to quickly recognize the enormous value of big...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control. All Smartphones White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!