No Flash for iPhone anytime soon, Jobs says
The issue came up at Tuesday's Apple shareholder meeting
Apple CEO Steve Jobs went on record to warn that the iPhone needs a Flash Player that works like it does on a computer, warning that the Flash Lite Player that Adobe Systems Inc. develops for mobile phones isn't sufficiently advanced for an iPhone.
"Proper" Flash "performs too slow to be useful" on the iPhone, Jobs warned. "There's this missing product in the middle. It just doesn't exist."
Despite the harsh words about Flash, Jobs insisted that Apple maintains a good relationship with Adobe all the same.
Jobs was a little less forthcoming when it came to fielding questions about the planned iPhone software development kit, saying only, "You'll see a lot of applications out there this summer."
He also promised the release of more .Mac applications this year.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Gartner 2013 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software See why CommVault was positioned as the #1 leader in Gartner's 2013 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery software for the 3rd year in...
- Forrester Report: CommVault is a Leader in Enterprise Backup and Recovery In this report, Forrester takes a deep dive into the evaluation criteria, how CommVault is positioned and the features and functionality that make...
- Forrester Wave for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Read this report to see how CommVault continues to outpace its competitors and why Forrester positioned CommVault Simpana as the top backup and...
- Architecting the Network of the Future Networks need to change, as does the way IT thinks about and manages them. In addition to reliability, IT must now add higher...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them.
On-Demand Webcast: 7 Reasons to Choose VoIP
Thinking about a new phone system for your business?
Be sure to watch this informative webcast. Steve Strauss, small business columnist for USA...
All Smartphones White Papers |