Macworld UK - Parallels' software publisher, SWsoft, is to change its name to Parallels, and has disclosed elements of its virtualization plans.
The goal is to introduce a broad portfolio of multi-platform virtualization and automation software.
The strategy is based on the Parallels Open Platform -- an overlay platform that combines desktop and server virtualization. The company expects its software to generate new activity in the rapidly emerging software-as-a-service market.
"This is the first in a series of moves that will help our customers and partners realize the benefits of what we are calling 'Optimized Computing'," said Serguei Beloussov, CEO of SWsoft. "This means enhancing Windows, Linux, Mac, x86 and ia64-based bare metal systems with innovative hypervisor-based virtualization, container-based virtualization and a suite of complementary automation solutions.Truly optimized computing requires virtualization, system automation and business automation components."
New products expected in 2008 to help deliver on the company's vision include version 4.0 of the Virtuozzo container-based virtualization software, a server-based hypervisor later in 2008 and major updates to Parallels Desktop and Parallels Workstation.
Also in 2008, the company will be introducing new virtualization management software that will manage its own Virtuozzo and Parallels solutions, as well as third-party virtualization technologies.
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- Vblock™ Specialized System for High Performance Databases Learn how Vblock™ Specialized Systems have been designed to deliver high performance in the millions of IOPS - with millisecond response times.
- Oracle EBS and RAC Performance & Elasticity on Vblock™ Systems VCE Vblock™ Systems provide simple, low-risk solutions for migrating from a physical to virtual environment.
- Backup and Recovery of Oracle EBS on VCE Vblock™ Systems This solution architecture describes the key features and benefits of backup and recovery in the virtualized Oracle EBS on Vblock Systems with EMC...
- Live Webcast How to serve up a Grand Slam with a scalable IT Infrastructure for cloud, big data and advanced analytics Register today to attend this webcast, and see examples of how The U.S. Tennis Association, Wimbledon and U.S. Golf Association are using the...
- Enhance Your Virtualization Infrastructure With IBM and Vmware Virtualization technology is now expanding beyond the server compute elements to encompass networking and storage aspects as well
- What are the desktop virtualization market trends and how can you successfully deploy your solution? You've probably heard about desktop virtualization -- and some of its benefits -- things like tighter security, streamlined management and lower costs. But... All Infrastructure Management White Papers | Webcasts