Macworld UK - Parallels' software publisher, SWsoft, is to change its name to Parallels, and has disclosed elements of its virtualization plans.
The goal is to introduce a broad portfolio of multi-platform virtualization and automation software.
The strategy is based on the Parallels Open Platform -- an overlay platform that combines desktop and server virtualization. The company expects its software to generate new activity in the rapidly emerging software-as-a-service market.
"This is the first in a series of moves that will help our customers and partners realize the benefits of what we are calling 'Optimized Computing'," said Serguei Beloussov, CEO of SWsoft. "This means enhancing Windows, Linux, Mac, x86 and ia64-based bare metal systems with innovative hypervisor-based virtualization, container-based virtualization and a suite of complementary automation solutions.Truly optimized computing requires virtualization, system automation and business automation components."
New products expected in 2008 to help deliver on the company's vision include version 4.0 of the Virtuozzo container-based virtualization software, a server-based hypervisor later in 2008 and major updates to Parallels Desktop and Parallels Workstation.
Also in 2008, the company will be introducing new virtualization management software that will manage its own Virtuozzo and Parallels solutions, as well as third-party virtualization technologies.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- ROI Benefits from Automating Application Delivery Solutions One of the key tenets of a modern data center is the ability to leverage technologies that enable automation in order to accelerate...
- Video moves into IT's sweet spot Moving onto shared IT infrastructure, as well as mobile devices, video technology is finding its way into a wide range of organizations and...
- What Is The Cloud Doing To Your Data Center? In this webcast, we'll look at ways you can distill cloud computing down to principles that you can apply to how you manage...
- Unbox Your Load Balancer Your applications are getting more distributed, virtualized and pushed into the cloud today. But as the world progresses to multi-cloud deployments and sophisticated... All Infrastructure Management White Papers | Webcasts