The 10 funniest YouTube videos for the Republican debate
Which of the top 10 submissions will be used to question presidential candidates Wednesday night?
Computerworld - Most of the more than 4,000 videos submitted for Wednesday's CNN/YouTube debate among Republican presidential candidates cover serious issues like health care, the environment or the war in Iraq.
A few others, however, use humor to get their points across, a tactic that proved successful in getting videos aired during the July CNN/YouTube debate that featured the Democratic candidates. The Democratic debate, in which all questions were taken from submitted videos, received mixed reviews from the blogosphere and political elite.
At that debate, a video that Computerworld had selected as one of the 10 funniest was used, so be on the lookout for humor during the Republican debate as well.
Up first are Jackie and Dunlap from Murfreesboro, Tenn., a team that has already caught the attention of CNN's news leaders and become commentators of sort for the presidential campaign. They are repeat winners, having shown up on the Computerworld list for the Democrats, and one of their videos was used during that debate. But while they may have taken humorous punches at a Democratic candidate or two then, they saved up their real wrath for the "Wax museum of failure" they see among the Republican candidates.
Jackie and Dunlap have a second top-10 entry, asking former Gov. Mike Huckabee for help getting rid of some extra pounds.
This video enlists the help of Vice President Dick Cheney in asking a question about how much power and influence the candidates would grant their own vice presidents.
4. # 788
In a parody of the popular YouTube video of candidate John Edwards styling his hair to music, this video queries the candidates about how they will, in the words of Gandhi, "live simply."
- Simple Solution, Big Capability Meet growing employee and business demands by connecting up to 1,000 users with powerful collaboration capabilities with a single, integrated platform -- Cisco...
- The DDoS Threat Spectrum Bolstered by favorable economics, today's global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously.
- Need to Replace MS Threat Management Gateway? Read this article to learn how F5's Secure Web Gateway solution provides a full set of features that can help you successfully migrate...
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts