The 10 funniest YouTube videos for the Republican debate
Which of the top 10 submissions will be used to question presidential candidates Wednesday night?
Computerworld - Most of the more than 4,000 videos submitted for Wednesday's CNN/YouTube debate among Republican presidential candidates cover serious issues like health care, the environment or the war in Iraq.
A few others, however, use humor to get their points across, a tactic that proved successful in getting videos aired during the July CNN/YouTube debate that featured the Democratic candidates. The Democratic debate, in which all questions were taken from submitted videos, received mixed reviews from the blogosphere and political elite.
At that debate, a video that Computerworld had selected as one of the 10 funniest was used, so be on the lookout for humor during the Republican debate as well.
Up first are Jackie and Dunlap from Murfreesboro, Tenn., a team that has already caught the attention of CNN's news leaders and become commentators of sort for the presidential campaign. They are repeat winners, having shown up on the Computerworld list for the Democrats, and one of their videos was used during that debate. But while they may have taken humorous punches at a Democratic candidate or two then, they saved up their real wrath for the "Wax museum of failure" they see among the Republican candidates.
Jackie and Dunlap have a second top-10 entry, asking former Gov. Mike Huckabee for help getting rid of some extra pounds.
This video enlists the help of Vice President Dick Cheney in asking a question about how much power and influence the candidates would grant their own vice presidents.
4. # 788
In a parody of the popular YouTube video of candidate John Edwards styling his hair to music, this video queries the candidates about how they will, in the words of Gandhi, "live simply."
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- Confront consumerization with convergence Virtualization expert Elias Khnaser spotlights the security, compliance, and governance issues that arise when enterprise users "consumerize" with shadow IT and public cloud...
- Implementing Energy Efficient Data Centers This paper explains how to quantify the electricity savings and provides examples of methods that can greatly reduce electrical power consumption.
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Optimized Power, Cooling, and Management Maximizes Benefits The effects that the cloud and virtualization have on the data center are discussed and possible solutions or methods for dealing with them...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts