Nokia N810 hits store shelves
Internet Tablet weighs less than 8 oz.
Computerworld - The new Nokia N810 Internet Tablet began shipping in the U.S. today and is priced at $479, announced Nokia Corp.
At just under 8 ounces, the tablet features a slide-out keyboard, built-in Global Positioning System capability, digital audio and video playback, and Wi-Fi functionality that can be used for voice over IP calls, Nokia said in a statement.
The N810 is 2.8 by 5 by 0.55 in. in size, with a 400-MHz processor, 128MB of memory and 2GB of internal storage with support for external memory cards of up to 8GB. There is room to store up to 7,500 songs. The 4.13-in. color display includes touch-screen capability.
The device can support up to four hours of continuous use, even with the Wi-Fi active, and up to 10 hours of music playback as well at 14 days of standby time, according to Nokia.
Nokia 810 Internet Tablet (Photo courtesy of Nokia Corp.)
Free maps are preloaded to find locations, but navigation through Wayfinder is available for $129.99 for a three-year license.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!