Report: Amazon to announce an e-book reader Monday
Wi-Fi device called the Kindle will download electronic books from an Amazon e-book store
Computerworld - Amazon.com Inc. is set to announce its e-book reader in New York on Monday, according to a published report.
The Kindle is equipped with a Wi-Fi connection that allows users to buy and download electronic books from a newly created Amazon e-book store, according to the report.
Amazon could not be reached for comment.
Amazon reportedly has a deal with Sprint for EV-DO (Evolution Data Optimized), a standard for high-speed wireless broadband access. The device comes with a headphone jack for audiobooks, and a small reading light attached to an adjustable arm. However, it won't have a calendar or address book, according to the report.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!