Google to show YouTube videos on other Web sites
It's looking to make money from ads attached to the videos
Google sees the new program as a win for all involved.
The program allows advertisers to distribute their video-based ads across the AdSense network, not just on YouTube, Google said in a statement. YouTube content partners can earn extra revenue from their clips. And Google will also earn money from ads attached to the video clips, which will be delivered "within a customized embedded player that's ad supported," Google said.
The ads appear as banner ads at the top of the video clip or as links on the bottom once the user clicks on the video, according to Google. Advertisers will be charged on a cost-per-click or cost-per-impression basis.
Google is working with a select group of YouTube providers that have signed consent forms, including TV Guide Broadband, Expert Village, Mondo Media, lonelygirl15, Extreme Elements and Ford Models to supply the video content.
The ads are available now in the U.S. for English-language Web sites.
Read more about E-business in Computerworld's E-business Topic Center.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- EDI in China: Developing a Strategy for B2B Integration Success IBM solutions for EDI have helped companies across the globe securely connect and build partner communities.
- System and Data Protection, Recovery and Availability This white paper describes how ARCserve works and the benefits it can provide IT environments of all sizes.
- Simplifying Data Protection, Reducing Risk of Data Loss and System Downtime This white paper outlines what IT organizations should look for in a data protection solution, including simplicity and ease of deployment, comprehensive protection,...
- Complexity Ate My Budget When it comes to data protection, having multiple point solutions is not the answer. Find out how to gain a holistic view of...
- Polycom Virtual Meeting Rooms Video The conference room is the hub for group collaboration. With Polycom, you can extend the productivity and efficiency benefits of face-to-face meetings beyond...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them. All E-business White Papers | Webcasts