Google to show YouTube videos on other Web sites
It's looking to make money from ads attached to the videos
Google sees the new program as a win for all involved.
The program allows advertisers to distribute their video-based ads across the AdSense network, not just on YouTube, Google said in a statement. YouTube content partners can earn extra revenue from their clips. And Google will also earn money from ads attached to the video clips, which will be delivered "within a customized embedded player that's ad supported," Google said.
The ads appear as banner ads at the top of the video clip or as links on the bottom once the user clicks on the video, according to Google. Advertisers will be charged on a cost-per-click or cost-per-impression basis.
Google is working with a select group of YouTube providers that have signed consent forms, including TV Guide Broadband, Expert Village, Mondo Media, lonelygirl15, Extreme Elements and Ford Models to supply the video content.
The ads are available now in the U.S. for English-language Web sites.
Read more about E-business in Computerworld's E-business Topic Center.
- 6TB Oracle Ecommerce Stack Deployed on AWS in 7 Days A Fortune 1000 company was told that it would take more than 6 months to deploy their ecommerce stack on AWS. CloudVelocity deployed...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All E-business White Papers | Webcasts