The 10 funniest YouTube help desk videos
Videos and parodies bring humor to an often-frustrating process for both helpers and users
Computerworld - The conflict between help desk workers and end users is as old – or perhaps older – than green screens.
IT help desks face constant frustration by having to regularly deal with issues like forgotten passwords and unplugged computers. On the other side, end users often perceive these exasperated help desk workers as unresponsive and dismissive of their problems.
With some surveys showing that 20% of all help desk calls are password issues, one can understand the wrath that a technician may lob toward an unsuspecting user. On the other hand, with more and more help desks understaffed or sending work to overseas locales like India, where language issues can come into play, end user angst can rouse sympathy as well.
Ah, but the help desk battles do make for some hilarious YouTube fodder.
In our list of the 10 funniest help desk YouTube videos, the help desk grapples with befuddled users both in the U.S. and India and in a galaxy far, far away. In addition, ever wonder what the help desk does when they perhaps should be manning the phones? Tune in below to find out.
1. First up: A man grappling with pop-up ads journeys to India to meet with the call center representative who answers his call for assistance. Upon arriving, he even takes some (ill-advised) help desk calls himself.
2. Even those dedicated troopers who get to work in help desk services on the Death Star find themselves at odds with callers grappling with technical issues. And yes, that is the help desk asking for a model number and other specs for a system when a panicked caller reports that a system failure just resulted in an enemy ship escaping from the Death Star.
3. This video plays to the stereotypical help desk worker who only answers a call after he is done with a meal, then deals with a caller who can't turn on a machine. His co-worker, meanwhile, provides advice that is too technical for another caller.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Enterprises in Motion: In-Vehicle Networks In a world where traditional tethers to the central office have all but vanished, enterprises that operate vehicle fleets require constant and dependable...
- Cloud BI in Action: Recorded Webinar of Customer, Kony, Inc. See how Kony, Inc., a leading enterprise mobility company, is using TIBCO Jaspersoft for Amazon Web Services and Redshift to achieve embedded analytics...
- Cloud BI Overview: Jaspersoft for AWS Check out this overview of Jaspersoft for AWS, to easily and affordably build business intelligence solutions as well as embed visualizations and analytics... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!