The 10 funniest YouTube help desk videos
Videos and parodies bring humor to an often-frustrating process for both helpers and users
Computerworld - The conflict between help desk workers and end users is as old – or perhaps older – than green screens.
IT help desks face constant frustration by having to regularly deal with issues like forgotten passwords and unplugged computers. On the other side, end users often perceive these exasperated help desk workers as unresponsive and dismissive of their problems.
With some surveys showing that 20% of all help desk calls are password issues, one can understand the wrath that a technician may lob toward an unsuspecting user. On the other hand, with more and more help desks understaffed or sending work to overseas locales like India, where language issues can come into play, end user angst can rouse sympathy as well.
Ah, but the help desk battles do make for some hilarious YouTube fodder.
In our list of the 10 funniest help desk YouTube videos, the help desk grapples with befuddled users both in the U.S. and India and in a galaxy far, far away. In addition, ever wonder what the help desk does when they perhaps should be manning the phones? Tune in below to find out.
1. First up: A man grappling with pop-up ads journeys to India to meet with the call center representative who answers his call for assistance. Upon arriving, he even takes some (ill-advised) help desk calls himself.
2. Even those dedicated troopers who get to work in help desk services on the Death Star find themselves at odds with callers grappling with technical issues. And yes, that is the help desk asking for a model number and other specs for a system when a panicked caller reports that a system failure just resulted in an enemy ship escaping from the Death Star.
3. This video plays to the stereotypical help desk worker who only answers a call after he is done with a meal, then deals with a caller who can't turn on a machine. His co-worker, meanwhile, provides advice that is too technical for another caller.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- IDC Report: The Future of eMail is Social This paper discusses the changing nature of collaboration and work fueled by the social Web by examining current email trends and the emergence...
- The Business of Social Business Social business represents a significant transformational opportunity for organizations. Read this whitepaper to learn more.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - The Original Cloud Operating System
Linux adoption is growing against a number of measures, such as the
number of supercomputers that run Linux and the size of the contributing...
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have. All Internet White Papers | Webcasts