The 10 funniest YouTube help desk videos
Videos and parodies bring humor to an often-frustrating process for both helpers and users
Computerworld - The conflict between help desk workers and end users is as old – or perhaps older – than green screens.
IT help desks face constant frustration by having to regularly deal with issues like forgotten passwords and unplugged computers. On the other side, end users often perceive these exasperated help desk workers as unresponsive and dismissive of their problems.
With some surveys showing that 20% of all help desk calls are password issues, one can understand the wrath that a technician may lob toward an unsuspecting user. On the other hand, with more and more help desks understaffed or sending work to overseas locales like India, where language issues can come into play, end user angst can rouse sympathy as well.
Ah, but the help desk battles do make for some hilarious YouTube fodder.
In our list of the 10 funniest help desk YouTube videos, the help desk grapples with befuddled users both in the U.S. and India and in a galaxy far, far away. In addition, ever wonder what the help desk does when they perhaps should be manning the phones? Tune in below to find out.
1. First up: A man grappling with pop-up ads journeys to India to meet with the call center representative who answers his call for assistance. Upon arriving, he even takes some (ill-advised) help desk calls himself.
2. Even those dedicated troopers who get to work in help desk services on the Death Star find themselves at odds with callers grappling with technical issues. And yes, that is the help desk asking for a model number and other specs for a system when a panicked caller reports that a system failure just resulted in an enemy ship escaping from the Death Star.
3. This video plays to the stereotypical help desk worker who only answers a call after he is done with a meal, then deals with a caller who can't turn on a machine. His co-worker, meanwhile, provides advice that is too technical for another caller.
- Social Media Education: The New Edge for Success Failure to train for social media will cost your business money. A recent report showed how digitally prepared companies can unlock up to...
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- SANS: Next-Generation Datacenters = Next-Generation Security This whitepaper takes a look at some new technology that may allow security teams to implement more flexible and capable protection models in...
- Is SQL Server AlwaysOn really as powerful? Tips and Tricks from the field With the introduction of AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering Services is now more critical than ever.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!