Iomega breathes new life into Mac hard drive business
New 1.5TB UltraMax Pro Desktop family enables hot-swap functions
Computerworld - Looking to boost sales to businesses running Apple Inc.'s Macintosh computers, Iomega Corp. at the Apple Expo 2007 conference in Paris this week unveiled two new external dual-drive products and added three new products to the existing UltraMax product line.
The two new double-drive UltraMax Pro Desktop Hard Drives, with dual, 750GB hard drives, are now available for about $600.
One model includes two FireWire 800 ports, a single FireWire 400 port and one USB 2.0 port interfaces, and the other either a USB 2.0 and eSATA 3 interface, Iomega said. The new UltraMax Pro devices are fully removable, which enables hot-swap functionality, an Iomega spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Iomega added three products to its UltraMax Desktop Hard Drive line.
Two quad interface models will ship in October for $220 and $320, respectively, Iomega said.
A dual-interface 500GB UltraMax Desktop drive, priced at $190, is also slated to ship next month, the company said.
Read more about Data Storage in Computerworld's Data Storage Topic Center.
- ESG Lab Report: Virident FlashMAX Connect Performance Advantage with vCache on a single Oracle instance View Now>>
- Accelerating Oracle with Preferred Reads Storage based configuration. View Now>>
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The Keys to Securing Data in a Collaborative Workplace Losing data is costly. IT professionals have spent years learning how to protect their organizations from hackers, but how do you ward off...
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- The Foundation You Need to Build a Better Storage Infrastructure Watch this webcast to hear how you can maximize the economics of your data center by modifying your storage footprint and power usage... All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts