Samsung launches video MP3 player, Blu-ray/HD DVD player
The MP3 player features an animated interface for younger users
IDG News Service - Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. unveiled an MP3 music player with video playback and its first high-definition player supporting the two rival movie disc formats -- Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD.
The devices are among several new products that the South Korean manufacturer announced today on the eve of the IFA consumer and electronics show in Berlin.
The YP-P2 is MP3 music device that can also be used to view video. The device comes with a high-resolution screen that displays 30 frames per second in DVD movie format and the 16:9 screen ratio. It also features a touch screen that uses Emoture input technology.
The Bluetooth-enabled YP-P2 allows up to three people to listen to music at the same time when using the company's YA-BH270 headsets equipped with the same short-range wireless technology.
The slim 9.9-millimeter player comes with 2GB, 4GB and 8GB of memory.
Samsung also announced the YP-S5 music player as a successor to the YP-K5 launched last year. The 14.95-millimeter device comes with integrated stereo slide-and-tilt speakers to allow others to share music. It also includes a text viewer, photo viewer, flash game and Bluetooth connectivity.
The 7.9-millimeter thin YP-T10 MP3 player features an animated interface for younger users.
Jong Woo Park, president of Samsung's Digital Media Business, demonstrated during a news conference how the new music players can use short-range wireless Bluetooth technology to connect with a mobile phone and answer calls.
When listening to music, users hear a phone ring and can tap a button on the player's screen to answer the call on the music device, Park said.
The general message from Park was that the company aims to have all its products easily connect and interact with each other to improve the user experience.
In addition, Samsung launched its first Duo HD disc player, the BD-UP5000, which supports Blu-ray Disc and HD DVD. The company previously supported only the Blu-ray Disc format.
Samsung is also targeted the home cinema market with a new product line of LCD (liquid crystal display) TVs. The devices, part of Samsung's F9 series, feature the company's new LED (light emitting diode) SmartLighting technology. The technology intuitively senses the TV signal and adjusts the brightness level by turning on and off the right combination of the backlight units to produce a contrast ration of 500,000:1.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Using VM Archiving to Solve VM Sprawl This CommVault whitepaper discusses how archiving virtual machines can mitigate VM sprawl with a comprehensive approach to VM lifecycle management.
- Keep Your Network Available, Efficient and Secure Make the most of your network by working with experts who "get it." CDW and F5 have partnered to keep networks highly optimized....
- VCE Converged Infrastructure Enables Continuous Operation for Swiss Power Plant Read how Vblock™ Systems, running in active-active mode, enabled KKL to transform its twin data centers in just two months, enable continuous operations,...
- The Future of IT: A Customer First Approach Explore how customer-first policies can make use of social, mobile and cloud technologies to give workers the freedom and flexibility they desire to...
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- IBM Flash Webcast: Optimizing your Datacenter for Efficient Storage & ROI Register for this webcast to learn the benefits of flash storage from IBM Customer, Leonardo Irastorza of Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd and Storage... All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts