Next-gen Razr flip phone ships soon from major carriers
Sprint does best on price at $249
U.S. wireless carriers announced today that they will soon be shipping Motorola Inc.'s second-generation Razr flip phone, with two carriers pushing their exclusive video content and Sprint Nextel Corp. saying it is the only model with video that's viewable on two screens, both inside and outside.
Sprint Nextel beat out Verizon Wireless and AT&T Inc. on price, saying the new Sprint MotoRazr2 V9m will cost $249 with a two-year service agreement at standard voice and data rates. The phone will be available from Sprint starting Aug. 22 online and Sept. 4 in stores. Verizon said the phone will cost $300 after a $50 rebate, with a two-year agreement, in early September. AT&T has a slightly different version, the V9, and wants $300 for two years, with the phone available next month.
Users can watch TV on the MotoRazr V9m with the cover closed.
Users can watch TV on the MotoRazr V9m with the cover closed. Sprint promoted its ability to combine MotoRazr2's video functionality with its high-speed Evolution Data Optimized network and exclusive video content. Sprint exclusive content will include NFL Mobile, which will feature same-day football audio and video highlights, a live stream of NFL Network broadcasts, statistics and other information.
In addition, Sprint TV has more than 50 channels of live television and on-demand video, and Sprint Music Store offers a selection of 1.6 million songs.
Verizon promoted its Vast Music downloading capabilities, while AT&T touted its Cellular Video on-demand service for access to exclusive HBO content and more.
The phone hardware provides a 2-megapixel camera, Bluetooth functionality and a lithium ion battery with about three hours of talk time. The internal and external screens on the MotoRazr2 are larger than the original Razr, at 2 in. for the external screen and 2.2 in. for the internal one, with twice the resolution.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts