Google Analytics in data blackout since Saturday
The company called the problem 'temporary'
IDG News Service - Google Inc.'s Analytics service stopped delivering data to users on Saturday, another in a series of recent performance and availability problems affecting the popular Web site traffic-monitoring service.
The latest problem remains unsolved and is apparently affecting all Google Analytics accounts, according to a message posted Monday afternoon by a Google employee in the official Google Analytics blog.
Google didn't immediately respond to a request for comment about the extent of what it called a "temporary reporting delay."
Users can log in to their accounts, but the data hasn't been updated since Saturday night. Although the data hasn't been delivered, it hasn't been lost, according to the Google blog posting.
Organizations of all sizes use the free Google Analytics to monitor traffic and analyze usage of their Web sites. Using the data collected by Google Analytics, Web publishers make decisions regarding their sites' design, content and ad space.
Last week, Google Analytics suffered what the company called a "brief processing delay". Another such delay hit the service during the July 14-15 weekend, affecting "a small percentage of users," Google said at the time.
The previous weekend, a server outage prevented "many" users from creating and logging into new accounts, according to Google. A significant data outage left many users fuming in late May as well.
Google Analytics got a major upgrade in early May and some users are wondering if the performance problems are a result of the changes made to the service back then.
In a discussion forum about this latest problem, a user wrote that Google Analytics worked better prior to the upgrade.
"I was comparing the two interfaces while they were side-by-side and the old interface consistently reported more quickly," the user wrote.
Another user had a similar opinion. "I have had bad stats ever since they switched to this new so-called improved version of analytics. For me it has been much slower to show activity and has not reported all the data my AdWords shows. I wish they would have just left things as they were," this user wrote.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The value of smarter oil and gas fields With global energy requirements continuing to rise, the exploration, development and production of new oil and gas resources are shifting to increasingly challenging...
- Smarter Environmental Analytics Solutions: Offshore Oil and Gas Installations Example This IBM Redbooks® Solution Guide describes a solution for implementing smarter environmental monitoring and analytics for oil and gas industries. The solution implements...
- Piecing Together the Business Intelligence Puzzle Business intelligence (BI) technology collects and analyzes company data, delivering relevant information to corporate decision-makers in an effort to produce favorable outcomes.
- Harness IT -- An Introduction to Business Intelligence Solutions Learn the key selection criteria required to provide your organization with the capability to address structured data, unstructured data and mobile demands so...
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- The Software-Defined Data Center: Is your ADC ready? Data center transformation is accelerating beyond virtualization to next-generation cloud architectures and software-defined data centers, bringing new challenges for application performance, scalability and...
- Application Acceleration: Optimize the End-User Experience Watch this on-demand webcast and learn how you can optimize your web content, accelerate performance across any device and browser combination, and offload... All Business Intelligence/Analytics White Papers | Webcasts