Bank of America creates Indian outsourcing subsidiary
The wholly owned subsidiary will process some of the bank's back-office operations
IDG News Service - Bank of America Corp. is setting up a wholly owned subsidiary in Hyderabad, India, that will process some of its back-office operations.
The Continuum Solutions Pvt. Ltd. subsidiary will have about 500 staffers by the end of this year, with up to 1,000 employees by the middle of next year, the Charlotte, N.C.-based bank announced.
The subsidiary will help the bank to remain competitive in the global market and to grow in the U.S. and abroad, said Rahul Samant, managing director of Bank of America's Global Delivery Center and director of Continuum Solutions.
Bank of America is the latest multinational bank to outsource back-office operations to India. The bank already outsources software development work to Indian software companies such as Infosys Technologies Ltd. in Bangalore and Tata Consultancy Services in Mumbai.
U.S. banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies, mutual fund and other financial services firms are planning to relocate more than 500,000 jobs offshore, representing 8% of their workforces, over the next five years, according to a study conducted last year by the management consultancy A.T. Kearney Inc. in Plano, Texas.
Continuum Solutions is part of Bank of America's Global Delivery Center of Expertise, which is responsible for all of the bank's offshore outsourcing activities. The back-office support provided by Continuum will be a mix of transaction processing and high-end complex processing.
See more coverage of this issue in our Outsourcing Center.
- Comprehensive Advanced Threat Defense The hot topic in the information security industry these days is "Advanced Threat Defense" (ATD). This paper describes a comprehensive, network-based approach to...
- Advanced Threat Defense: A Comprehensive Approach In this interview, Peter George, president, General Dynamics Fidelis Cybersecurity Solutions, explains why we need more than anti-malware, and what constitutes a comprehensive...
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- The Growing Demand for Rich Media This white paper discusses how IBM Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition can automate rich media workflows, from collaborating with creative agencies and...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All IT Outsourcing White Papers | Webcasts