Bank of America creates Indian outsourcing subsidiary
The wholly owned subsidiary will process some of the bank's back-office operations
IDG News Service - Bank of America Corp. is setting up a wholly owned subsidiary in Hyderabad, India, that will process some of its back-office operations.
The Continuum Solutions Pvt. Ltd. subsidiary will have about 500 staffers by the end of this year, with up to 1,000 employees by the middle of next year, the Charlotte, N.C.-based bank announced.
The subsidiary will help the bank to remain competitive in the global market and to grow in the U.S. and abroad, said Rahul Samant, managing director of Bank of America's Global Delivery Center and director of Continuum Solutions.
Bank of America is the latest multinational bank to outsource back-office operations to India. The bank already outsources software development work to Indian software companies such as Infosys Technologies Ltd. in Bangalore and Tata Consultancy Services in Mumbai.
U.S. banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies, mutual fund and other financial services firms are planning to relocate more than 500,000 jobs offshore, representing 8% of their workforces, over the next five years, according to a study conducted last year by the management consultancy A.T. Kearney Inc. in Plano, Texas.
Continuum Solutions is part of Bank of America's Global Delivery Center of Expertise, which is responsible for all of the bank's offshore outsourcing activities. The back-office support provided by Continuum will be a mix of transaction processing and high-end complex processing.
See more coverage of this issue in our Outsourcing Center.
- Making the Move to a Cloud-Based IT Service Management (ITSM) Platform Today's mature cloud-based ITSM solutions can give you the flexibility and agility you need-without sacrificing security, stability or performance.
- A Practical Guide to Understand and Benefit from the Consumerization of IT This guide explores the realities of IT Consumerization to define challenges and opportunities. Learn best practices and get actionable recommendations.
- The New IT Explore enhanced productivity for IT staff, and seamless integration across IT operation management systems. Download now.
- The Perfect Combo: ITIL, ITSM and Social Media BMC explores how best-in-class organizations are leveraging these to drive user satisfaction and organizational success.
- Exploring Network Management Challenges and the Benefits of Outsourcing New research conducted by IDG explores the network management challenges that IT and telecom leaders face and how they are dealing with them....
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment... All IT Outsourcing White Papers | Webcasts