Bank of America creates Indian outsourcing subsidiary
The wholly owned subsidiary will process some of the bank's back-office operations
IDG News Service - Bank of America Corp. is setting up a wholly owned subsidiary in Hyderabad, India, that will process some of its back-office operations.
The Continuum Solutions Pvt. Ltd. subsidiary will have about 500 staffers by the end of this year, with up to 1,000 employees by the middle of next year, the Charlotte, N.C.-based bank announced.
The subsidiary will help the bank to remain competitive in the global market and to grow in the U.S. and abroad, said Rahul Samant, managing director of Bank of America's Global Delivery Center and director of Continuum Solutions.
Bank of America is the latest multinational bank to outsource back-office operations to India. The bank already outsources software development work to Indian software companies such as Infosys Technologies Ltd. in Bangalore and Tata Consultancy Services in Mumbai.
U.S. banks, brokerage firms, insurance companies, mutual fund and other financial services firms are planning to relocate more than 500,000 jobs offshore, representing 8% of their workforces, over the next five years, according to a study conducted last year by the management consultancy A.T. Kearney Inc. in Plano, Texas.
Continuum Solutions is part of Bank of America's Global Delivery Center of Expertise, which is responsible for all of the bank's offshore outsourcing activities. The back-office support provided by Continuum will be a mix of transaction processing and high-end complex processing.
See more coverage of this issue in our Outsourcing Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All IT Outsourcing White Papers | Webcasts