DOJ warns U.S. citizens of phishing attack
No, the IRS is not after you (at least not via e-mail)
IDG News Service - The Department of Justice is alerting e-mail users about a possible phishing attack using messages that claim to be from the DOJ.
In a news release Thursday, the DOJ said the e-mails may have the subject field or be addressed "Dear Citizen." It also said the messages may refer to a fraudulent U.S. Internal Revenue Service case filed against the recipient, and may contain a DOJ logo in the body of the mail or as an attachment.
The DOJ said the e-mail is a hoax, and asked recipients to neither open the message nor download any attachments that come with it, and delete the message immediately. The department said it would not contact users about such matters via e-mail.
Anyone receiving the e-mail is asked to file a complaint via a DOJ Web site.
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Tablets in the Enterprise: A Checklist for Successful Deployment How can you enterprise manage and secure tablets in order to protect corporate data while providing access to the information and applications employees...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise File Sync & Share Checklist File sync and share has changed the way people work and collaborate in today's tech-savvy world. Gone are the email roadblocks, clunky FTP...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Security White Papers | Webcasts