Sprint hopes to dominate with its Mogul device
Device runs on Windows Mobile 6 Pro and will upgrade to the faster EV-DO Rev. A
Computerworld - Sprint Nextel Corp. today announced the Mogul, a smart phone that runs the Windows Mobile 6 Pro operating system and will support EV-DO Rev. A when available.
It is Sprint's first CDMA device to support the latest Windows Mobile release, and the first capable of supporting the faster EV-DO Rev. A data rates when users upgrade with free software at a later date as Rev. A becomes more widely available, the company said.
The Sprint Mogul
It will sell for $399.99, when purchased with a two-year service agreement. It will be available later this week online, and in retail stores next month.
Mogul is 4.33 by 2.32 by 0.73 in. and weighs 5.8 oz. It has a 2.8-in. color display and 64MB of memory. Other features include a built-in speakerphone and voice recognition that is speaker-independent. Applications supported include Microsoft Office and a Pocket PC Internet Explorer browser.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!