Sprint hopes to dominate with its Mogul device
Device runs on Windows Mobile 6 Pro and will upgrade to the faster EV-DO Rev. A
Computerworld - Sprint Nextel Corp. today announced the Mogul, a smart phone that runs the Windows Mobile 6 Pro operating system and will support EV-DO Rev. A when available.
It is Sprint's first CDMA device to support the latest Windows Mobile release, and the first capable of supporting the faster EV-DO Rev. A data rates when users upgrade with free software at a later date as Rev. A becomes more widely available, the company said.
The Sprint Mogul
It will sell for $399.99, when purchased with a two-year service agreement. It will be available later this week online, and in retail stores next month.
Mogul is 4.33 by 2.32 by 0.73 in. and weighs 5.8 oz. It has a 2.8-in. color display and 64MB of memory. Other features include a built-in speakerphone and voice recognition that is speaker-independent. Applications supported include Microsoft Office and a Pocket PC Internet Explorer browser.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- Leverage the Power of APIs to Turbocharge Your Mobile Strategy: 7 Steps to a Successful API Program In this guide, Intel® Services-which offers industry-leading API management solutions for over 150 top enterprises, including Best Buy, Netflix, Expedia, ESPN, and The...
- Mission Critical Cloud Powers Freesat Website, Mobile App When subscription-free satellite TV service Freesat needed a scalable, cost-effective infrastructure it found the disaster recovery and security features it needed with Peer...
- Bring Your Own Device: From Security to Success Download this e-Book to learn best practices for executing a BYOD policy.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow...
- Don't Believe the Hype: Not All Containers are Created Equal Hear executives discuss the 3 C's of Secure Mobility-content, credentials, and configurations-and learn the inherent security risks to your organization of using MDM... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts