Sprint hopes to dominate with its Mogul device
Device runs on Windows Mobile 6 Pro and will upgrade to the faster EV-DO Rev. A
Computerworld - Sprint Nextel Corp. today announced the Mogul, a smart phone that runs the Windows Mobile 6 Pro operating system and will support EV-DO Rev. A when available.
It is Sprint's first CDMA device to support the latest Windows Mobile release, and the first capable of supporting the faster EV-DO Rev. A data rates when users upgrade with free software at a later date as Rev. A becomes more widely available, the company said.
The Sprint Mogul
It will sell for $399.99, when purchased with a two-year service agreement. It will be available later this week online, and in retail stores next month.
Mogul is 4.33 by 2.32 by 0.73 in. and weighs 5.8 oz. It has a 2.8-in. color display and 64MB of memory. Other features include a built-in speakerphone and voice recognition that is speaker-independent. Applications supported include Microsoft Office and a Pocket PC Internet Explorer browser.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Mobile Applications Case Study: 8 Billion Transactions a Day The story documents how the online brokerage company tradeMONSTER created a custom mobile app and the success gleaned from this initiative. Also covered...
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- The Case for Mobile Apps Today's mobile apps turn handheld devices into e-book readers, portable navigation systems, digital wallets and more. And for organizations with mobile workers, they...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After...
- CDW Integrates with Google Apps for Cloud Collaboration Through a partnership with Google and Esna Technologies, CDW has rolled out native access to the CDW Cloud Collaboration suite within Google Apps. All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts