Firefox 1.5 support ends today
Older browser's last security fix on tap; Firefox 220.127.116.11 set for release
"The upgrade offer will be enabled within in a few weeks," said Mozilla in a blog on its developer center.
The long-anticipated end to Firefox 1.5 support was originally slated for April 24, but last month, Mozilla pushed back the drop-dead date, saying it needed more time to craft the automatic updater. When Mozilla triggers what it has called "major updates," users will be offered an in-place upgrade to Firefox 2.0, which they can decline if they wish. Users can also permanently suppress the upgrade message so it never appears again.
Today's Firefox 18.104.22.168 will be the final security patch for the 18-month-old browser. Also due for delivery is Firefox 22.214.171.124. Both, Mozilla said, are "standard stability and security updates."
Firefox 126.96.36.199 will be posted here, while Firefox 188.8.131.52 will be available from this page of the Mozilla site. A list of the vulnerabilities patched by both updates will be posted sometime after 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 go live.
In related news, the Alpha 5 preview of the next Firefox, Version 3.0, will be available for download Friday. Mozilla has pegged Firefox 3.0's final code release for sometime this year.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives: Reinvent your Network Security The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Surescripts Case Study- Securing Keys and Certificates Surescripts implemented Venafi's Trust Protection Platform™ to secure digital keys and certificates, ensure the privacy and confidentiality of electronic clinical information for its...
- Ponemon 2014 SSH Security Vulnerability Report According to research by the Ponemon Institute, 3 out of 4 enterprises have no security controls in place for SSH which leaves organizations...
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!