Firefox 1.5 support ends today
Older browser's last security fix on tap; Firefox 184.108.40.206 set for release
"The upgrade offer will be enabled within in a few weeks," said Mozilla in a blog on its developer center.
The long-anticipated end to Firefox 1.5 support was originally slated for April 24, but last month, Mozilla pushed back the drop-dead date, saying it needed more time to craft the automatic updater. When Mozilla triggers what it has called "major updates," users will be offered an in-place upgrade to Firefox 2.0, which they can decline if they wish. Users can also permanently suppress the upgrade message so it never appears again.
Today's Firefox 220.127.116.11 will be the final security patch for the 18-month-old browser. Also due for delivery is Firefox 18.104.22.168. Both, Mozilla said, are "standard stability and security updates."
Firefox 22.214.171.124 will be posted here, while Firefox 126.96.36.199 will be available from this page of the Mozilla site. A list of the vulnerabilities patched by both updates will be posted sometime after 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 go live.
In related news, the Alpha 5 preview of the next Firefox, Version 3.0, will be available for download Friday. Mozilla has pegged Firefox 3.0's final code release for sometime this year.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Troubleshooting Common Issues in VoIP Learn more about Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), including common VoIP metrics used, best practices in VoIP management and tips and tricks for...
- 2013 Network Management Software (NMS) Buyers Guide This white paper contains an independent comparison study of six different network management solutions and provides guidance on how you can choose the...
- Rightsizing Your Network Performance Management Solution: 4 Case Studies This white paper discusses challenges encountered as organizations search for the most cost-effective network performance management solution.
- Global Growing Pains: Tapping into B2B Integration Services to Overcome Global Expansion Challenges A recent survey by IDG Research explored both the challenges and pain points companies face when growing globally, as well as the capabilities...
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How...
- Cloud and Collaboration: Driving Your Business Value Mission Critical Cloud from Peer 1 Hosting is enterprise-grade. All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!