Microsoft releases free Lotus to Exchange 2007 migration tool
Microsoft Transporter Suite is available as a free download
Computerworld - Microsoft Corp. yesterday officially released software to help companies move from IBM's Lotus Domino collaboration server to Microsoft's Exchange 2007.
The software, Microsoft Transporter Suite, is available as a free download.
Microsoft released several tools last year to encourage companies to migrate from Lotus Notes/Domino, widely considered the second most popular corporate e-mail and collaboration system, to Outlook/Exchange, the market leader.
Microsoft Transporter Suite differs from those tools by focusing on easing the move of users, mail and applications from Lotus Domino 6 and 7 to Windows Server 2003-based Active Directory, Exchange Server 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0.
IBM, meanwhile, is preparing Version 8 of Lotus Notes and Domino for final release this summer. It hopes that an improved user interface will help it stanch ongoing defections to Outlook and Exchange.
IBM has published its own guide on how to best migrate from Exchange to Lotus Domino.
Read more about NOSes and Server Software in Computerworld's NOSes and Server Software Topic Center.
- Considerations For Effective Software License Management For many reasons, software license management has become a critical issue for many IT organizations and enterprise's alike. With many licensing options, hurdles...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All NOSes and Server Software White Papers | Webcasts