EEye adds antivirus to free consumer security suite
Its Blink Personal Internet Security suite uses multiple antivirus scanning engines
Computerworld - EEye Digital Security today added antivirus defenses to its free Blink Personal Internet Security suite, which targets consumers and home-office users.
The suite relies on multiple antivirus scanning engines and includes a personal firewall, antispyware and antiphishing defenses, intrusion-protection functionality and missing patch-detection skills.
A one-year subscription to Blink Personal Edition With Antivirus can be downloaded free of charge for a limited time. "[Consumers] don't want to buy an additional application for every new threat, nor do they want to become security experts. They just want a single Internet security product that can protect their personal information," said Marc Maiffret, eEye chief technology officer, in a statement.
Based on eEye's Blink line of enterprise security products, the consumer version debuted last year sans antivirus functions. Aliso Viejo, Calif.-based eEye also sells a corporate end-point title, Blink Professional Edition With Antivirus, for $59.
Blink Personal runs on Windows 2000, XP, Tablet and Media Center; it can be downloaded from the eEye site by U.S. and Canadian users only.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts