EEye adds antivirus to free consumer security suite
Its Blink Personal Internet Security suite uses multiple antivirus scanning engines
Computerworld - EEye Digital Security today added antivirus defenses to its free Blink Personal Internet Security suite, which targets consumers and home-office users.
The suite relies on multiple antivirus scanning engines and includes a personal firewall, antispyware and antiphishing defenses, intrusion-protection functionality and missing patch-detection skills.
A one-year subscription to Blink Personal Edition With Antivirus can be downloaded free of charge for a limited time. "[Consumers] don't want to buy an additional application for every new threat, nor do they want to become security experts. They just want a single Internet security product that can protect their personal information," said Marc Maiffret, eEye chief technology officer, in a statement.
Based on eEye's Blink line of enterprise security products, the consumer version debuted last year sans antivirus functions. Aliso Viejo, Calif.-based eEye also sells a corporate end-point title, Blink Professional Edition With Antivirus, for $59.
Blink Personal runs on Windows 2000, XP, Tablet and Media Center; it can be downloaded from the eEye site by U.S. and Canadian users only.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Cybersecurity Imperatives Reinvent Your Network Security With Palo Alto Networks The Rise of CyberSecurity
- 10 Things Your Next Firewall Must do Next-Generation Firewalls Defined
- Firewall Buyers Guide Operate as the core of your network security infrastructure
- Getting Started With a Zero Trust Approach to Network Security The Traditional Approach to Network Security is Failing. View Now>>
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts