YouTube to offer video for mobile users
Company to launch Web site with mobile partners
Computerworld - YouTube said it will launch a mobile Web site to allow its mobile partners to integrate YouTube videos into their offerings.
A YouTube spokeswoman yesterday called the move "another step forward in achieving our mobile strategy of delivering entertaining videos to users whenever they want and wherever they go. People want to be entertained in a way that fits their individual lifestyles, so offering videos to mobile users is a natural evolution for YouTube," the spokeswoman said.
She made the comments in an e-mail to Computerworld and did not specify when the mobile Web site will be launched or many other details. Several blogs have said the Web site will appear in June, when a Verizon Wireless V Cast exclusive contract expires.
However, the spokeswoman did not comment on discontinuing a contract with Verizon. "Our partnerships with Verizon Wireless in the U.S., and Vodafone and Nokia overseas, are the first of many and demonstrate our continued success in developing strong relationships with leading companies," she wrote in the e-mail.
She could not be reached for further details and declined to comment on speculation that YouTube might be developing a mobile client, which some have called "Switch."
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts