RSA to offer Trojan take-down service
Extension to FraudAction offering geared toward finance
IDG News Service - EMC Corp.'s RSA division plans to launch a new service next month that will help financial institutions take down Web sites associated with malicious Trojan-horse software.
The service is planned as an extension to the FraudAction phishing takedown service already offered by RSA, said Louie Gasparini, co-chief technical officer with RSA's Consumer Solutions unit. "We're leveraging the same infrastructure we already have in place... and now we're focusing our attention on how Trojans work," he said.
Gasparini said he expects financial services companies, auction sites and online merchants to use the service. "It's really allowing the institution to better protect its customers," he said.
With consumers now becoming more wary of phishing attacks, online criminals are increasingly using malicious software to snoop out victim's financial information, Gasparini said. Trojans, which masquerade as legitimate programs in order to trick the victim into downloading them, are often used to log keystrokes and steal sensitive information, he said.
RSA will work with antivirus vendors and Internet Service Providers to identify and block dangerous Trojans and then to shut down the Web sites associated with them.
A select group of customers has been beta testing the service for the past few months, and RSA has already taken down about 170 Trojan-related sites, Gasparini said.
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Tablets in the Enterprise: A Checklist for Successful Deployment How can you enterprise manage and secure tablets in order to protect corporate data while providing access to the information and applications employees...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise File Sync & Share Checklist File sync and share has changed the way people work and collaborate in today's tech-savvy world. Gone are the email roadblocks, clunky FTP...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Security White Papers | Webcasts