New 'CrackBerry' rehab site aimed at BlackBerry addicts
Targets 'users and abusers' of ubiquitous device
In a nod toward the ubiquitous nature of BlackBerry mobile devices, CrackBerry.com was launched today to provide a new way for addicts of the system to get their fix.
CrackBerry.com is geared toward BlackBerry "users and abusers," said CrackBerry CEO Kevin Michaluk. The site includes a "crack team" of bloggers who provide BlackBerry news, rumors, tips, reviews and celebrity sightings of the mobile device sold by Research In Motion Ltd.
The site also offers software, games, ring tone and other downloads for BlackBerry users, as well as accessories like Bluetooth headsets, carrying cases and replacement batteries.
In the CrackBerry Connect portion of the site, members can post a CrackBerry profile, search other member profiles and swap BlackBerry PINs. New BlackBerry owners can access help forums and a beginner's guide on the site.
And, yes, there is a rehab section that provides cures for "CrackBerry Thumb" and other woes that stem from an addiction to BlackBerries.
"The site is relevant and useful to those who have made the BlackBerry a part of their daily lives -- from Wall Street financiers and business executives who use the device for professional use, to teenagers and socialites who use the device to stay connected," Michaluk said in a statement.
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!