New 'CrackBerry' rehab site aimed at BlackBerry addicts
Targets 'users and abusers' of ubiquitous device
In a nod toward the ubiquitous nature of BlackBerry mobile devices, CrackBerry.com was launched today to provide a new way for addicts of the system to get their fix.
CrackBerry.com is geared toward BlackBerry "users and abusers," said CrackBerry CEO Kevin Michaluk. The site includes a "crack team" of bloggers who provide BlackBerry news, rumors, tips, reviews and celebrity sightings of the mobile device sold by Research In Motion Ltd.
The site also offers software, games, ring tone and other downloads for BlackBerry users, as well as accessories like Bluetooth headsets, carrying cases and replacement batteries.
In the CrackBerry Connect portion of the site, members can post a CrackBerry profile, search other member profiles and swap BlackBerry PINs. New BlackBerry owners can access help forums and a beginner's guide on the site.
And, yes, there is a rehab section that provides cures for "CrackBerry Thumb" and other woes that stem from an addiction to BlackBerries.
"The site is relevant and useful to those who have made the BlackBerry a part of their daily lives -- from Wall Street financiers and business executives who use the device for professional use, to teenagers and socialites who use the device to stay connected," Michaluk said in a statement.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- OpenStack Hype vs. Reality: CIO Quick Pulse Open-source architecture can enable IT departments to build infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) clouds running on standard hardware.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
As emerging technologies evolve they often find an initial niche in highly specialized scenarios, or in specific industry verticals, before expanding to wider areas of applicability. Within these initial niches, the early adopters can be anything from digital enthusiasts to fashionistas, or they can be folks simply using the technology because it serves a specific need extremely well. (free registration required) more