Review: A virtual keyboard for any surface
It saves space in your carry-on bag and packs a high 'cool' factor
Computerworld - Does this problem sound familiar? You're carrying a mobile phone and typing text messages using the keypad and the T9 word recognition software. At some point, at the 100th word, the process gets really annoying. Or, you have a full keyboard PDA device, but the keys are so small that anything other than a short e-mail cramps your hand. Or you're on an airplane and your laptop doesn't quite fit on the tray table, making writing e-mails uncomfortable and difficult.
For all of these situations and more I have found a great solution: the I-Tech virtual laser keyboard.
At first I thought this product would be a curiosity, but I have found it to be both handy and refreshing to use.
I-Tech virtual laser keyboard
To test the virtual keyboard, I connected it to my wife's Treo and began to type e-mails. At first I had trouble typing a clean sentence, but changing the sensitivity of the keyboard eliminated most of the errors. It was simple to set up and use, plus the geek factor of whipping out this device and having a glowing keyboard spring from it made the whole experience that much more exciting.
If you need to type lots of e-mail on the road, don't want to carry a laptop, but want the comfort of using a full keyboard, the virtual keyboard fits the bill.Did I miss something? Do you have feedback? Send your questions, comments and curses to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- An Insightful Approach to Optimizing Mainframe MLC Spend This paper discusses how you can penetrate the complexity of IBM mainframe MLC products and the MLC price model to gain insight into...
- Meeting the Exploding Demand for New IT Services In this eBook, explore the top trends driving the New IT for IT Service Management, and how leading organizations are evolving to focus...
- Hybrid IT-A Low-Risk Path from On-Premise to ITaaS This white paper provides a strategy to move part or all of your ITSM suite to the cloud as a stepping stone to...
- Paving the Windows XP Migration Path to Success Support for Windows XP has ended, leaving organizations with three choices: Windows 8, Windows 7 or a combination. With the right planning and...
- Increase Your Data Center IQ Discover how to improve network efficiency, lower IT costs and more proactively manage your physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Optimize Data Center Resources and Plan for the Future Eliminate over-provisioning and capacity shortfalls with pro-active capacity optimization. Join us in the evolution from capacity monitoring to capacity optimization in your data... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts