Review: A virtual keyboard for any surface
It saves space in your carry-on bag and packs a high 'cool' factor
Computerworld - Does this problem sound familiar? You're carrying a mobile phone and typing text messages using the keypad and the T9 word recognition software. At some point, at the 100th word, the process gets really annoying. Or, you have a full keyboard PDA device, but the keys are so small that anything other than a short e-mail cramps your hand. Or you're on an airplane and your laptop doesn't quite fit on the tray table, making writing e-mails uncomfortable and difficult.
For all of these situations and more I have found a great solution: the I-Tech virtual laser keyboard.
At first I thought this product would be a curiosity, but I have found it to be both handy and refreshing to use.
I-Tech virtual laser keyboard
To test the virtual keyboard, I connected it to my wife's Treo and began to type e-mails. At first I had trouble typing a clean sentence, but changing the sensitivity of the keyboard eliminated most of the errors. It was simple to set up and use, plus the geek factor of whipping out this device and having a glowing keyboard spring from it made the whole experience that much more exciting.
If you need to type lots of e-mail on the road, don't want to carry a laptop, but want the comfort of using a full keyboard, the virtual keyboard fits the bill.Did I miss something? Do you have feedback? Send your questions, comments and curses to email@example.com.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- 4 Customers who never have to refresh their PCs again This paper illustrates a common theme: the combination of desktop virtualization and thin client computing helps organizations deliver an up-to-date user experience more...
- Mobile Devices: The New Thin Clients Get essential guidance for understanding the role thin clients plus virtual desktops play in the enterprise today.
- Taking Windows Mobile on Any Device Taking Windows applications mobile has many advantages, but the process of identifying a solution is complex. Learn how to solve this complex problem...
- PaaS - Powering a New Era of Business IT Why PaaS has suddenly become relevant and irresistible to many organizations. Dive into the opportunities and considerations associated with using PaaS from an...
- Redefine Your IT Operations: Remote Office IT Has Never Been Simpler Join us to see why PC Pro named Dell PowerEdge VRTX the "2013 Server of the Year." PowerEdge VRTX may be just what...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts