No sender, no receiver, no problem
Privacy-sensitive e-mail software circumvents compliance
TechWorld.com - VaporStream has released software it claims will not record details of who sent an e-mail message, or who received it, and so provide a new level of privacy for electronic communications.
Such software would mean content could remain private and neither sender nor receiver would be exposed to legal risk from the communication, the company said. It would also be a means of defeating the cover-all aspects of compliance regulations and legal discovery investigations by ensuring private communications remain private.
VaporStream believes its product could be used when discussing intellectual property, during contract negotiations, or for sensitive human resource issues. There would be no electronic records of such discussions.
But the company is at pains to point out that "business records" should be recorded. However, the definition of "business record" is up to the sender of a VaporStream message.
The product is being developed to work on BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices.
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- Preventing Sophisticated Attacks: Anti-Evasion & Advanced Evasion Techniques McAfee Next Generation Firewall applies sophisticated analysis techniques specifically to detect advanced evasion techniques (AET).
- The Security Industry's Dirty Little Secret The debate over advanced evasion techniques (AETs) This report summarizes the findings of a McAfee commissioned research group to determine the level of understanding IT security professionals have about AETs...
- Demand More, Get the Most from the Move to a Next-Generation Firewall Beyond the basics in a next generation firewall, to protect your investment you should demand other valuable features: intrusion prevention, contextual rules, advanced...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!