Porn site WhiteHouse.com domain name up for sale
The owner said he won't sell it unless he knows who's buying
Computerworld - The domain name for the pornographic Web site WhiteHouse.com, which is often confused with the government site whitehouse.gov, is now up for sale.
"[The owner's] son is four and a half years old and is going to be starting kindergarten, and he's getting to that age of reason where he's starting to inquire about what Daddy does," said Nancy Tamosaitis, a spokeswoman for the owner, Dan Parisi.
Parisi initially set up the Web site in 1997 as a place for uncensored discussion on governmental policies. He then added adult content to make it profitable, according to a statement on the Web site.
Although Parisi has been making more than $1 million annually on whitehouse.com, he wants to devote more time and energy to his residential real estate business, Tamosaitis said. "That's starting to turn a profit, and he wants to focus his energy on that and move away from the whole WhiteHouse.com area. He's already had a separate company doing the day-to-day work for WhiteHouse.com. This is just the final step of moving away from it."
Since Parisi put the domain name up for sale, Tamosaitis said she has fielded a couple of calls from the government wanting to know the asking price. "I'm not sure how much he wants, but since it's is making seven figures, I'm sure he's assuming to get a decent price tag for it," she said.
Tamosaitis said Parisi won't sell the site to anyone who refuses to identify himself.
"About one and a half years ago, Parisi was approached to sell the site by a buyer's broker who wouldn't identify the buyer, and they basically were putting a blank check in front of him, saying, 'Whatever you want, we'll sign it,'" Tamosaitis said. "And he wouldn't do it because he wanted to know who was buying it."
She said not only does Parisi want a good price for the domain name, but he also wants to make sure it doesn't fall into the hands of terrorists or anyone in the adult entertainment industry.
Read more about Applications in Computerworld's Applications Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts