Computerworld - Novell Investigates Stock-Option Plan
Novell Inc. has begun to investigate how the company granted stock options to employees in recent years and to assess whether earnings will have to be restated. The Linux vendor made the announcement when it reported its preliminary third-quarter results. Novell's internal review comes as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission widens a probe into fraudulent stock-option practices at U.S. firms.
Sun Links Storage Service Business
Sun Microsystems Inc. has combined its service offering with that of Storage Technology Corp., the storage vendor it acquired a year ago for $4.1 billion. The Sun StorageTek Service Plans combine Sun's SunSpectrum and StorageTek's TekCare support programs. The new plan allows StorageTek customers to access Sun's eLearning Library along with the StorageTek knowledge base for product support.
Corel Pays $196M For Multimedia Firm
Corel Corp. has agreed to purchase multimedia software maker InterVideo Inc. for $196 million in cash. The move is Corel's second acquisition this year, as it looks to extend its product lines with video-based and multi¿media offerings. It purchased WinZip in May. Corel's primary product lines are now CorelDraw, Paint Shop Pro and WordPerfect.
Intel Unveils Merom Chip for Notebooks
Intel Corp. announced its Merom notebook chip, which will run new models from Dell Inc., Gateway Inc. and Toshiba America Inc. Merom is the third product launched in recent months in Intel's new line of dual-core, 65-nanometer processor chips built with the Core 2 Duo architecture. The company launched its Woodcrest Xeon 5100 chip for servers in June and its Conroe Core 2 Duo chip for desktops in July.
Read more about Linux and Unix in Computerworld's Linux and Unix Topic Center.
- Infographic: Maintain Less. Create More. Spend less on maintenance and spend more time creating with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Read on to learn how Red Hat can help...
- Flying High on the Use of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Flybe was one of the 21 companies that were interviewed for quantitative results on their operations as part of an IDC ROI analysis....
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- Accelerate your innovation with IBM Bluemix™ Join us for a webcast introducing the new IBM BluemixTM. IBM Bluemix (www.bluemix.net) is a developer oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS) environment...
- Maximizing Availability for the Modern Data Center Check out this information-packed resource center for help in maximizing the availability of your data center - from overcoming challenges to choosing the... All Linux and Unix White Papers | Webcasts