Want to try Office 2007 Beta 2? That'll be $1.50, please
Microsoft calls the charge 'a cost-recovery measure'
IDG News Service - Microsoft Corp. this week will begin charging users $1.50 to download a copy of Office 2007 Beta 2.
"In just the past two months since its launch, more than three million people have downloaded the 2007 Microsoft Office system beta 2," the company said in a statement sent via e-mail. "Given how dramatically the beta 2 downloads have exceeded our goals, we have made the business decision to implement a cost-recovery measure for downloading the beta."
Microsoft said it will begin charging users starting Wednesday. The company released Beta 2 of Office 2007 in May.
Though users will be charged for downloads of the actual Office 2007 Beta 2 software, Microsoft will continue to offer an online test drive of the Office 2007 beta it launched in late June that users can access through a Web browser.
Users can visit Microsoft's Web site to access the online test version of Office 2007.
Microsoft plans to release Office 2007 to business customers before the end of the year and to consumers in early 2007. Both of those releases have been delayed from their originally scheduled ship dates.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts