Proxy Networks snags remote-control apps from Juniper
The software is used to remotely manage PCs and servers
Computerworld - Newly-formed Proxy Networks Inc. this week announced that it has acquired remote-control software from Juniper Networks Inc. that has been used by a number of major customers for 13 years.
The value of the acquisition was not disclosed, said Andy Kim, CEO of Cambridge, Mass.-based Proxy.
The company has assumed responsibility for continued development, marketing, sales and support of the Proxy product family, which comes in a peer-to-peer or a client/server version, Kim said. It was first developed under the Funk Software Inc. brand.
About 2,500 customers use the software on millions of desktops to centralize management by allowing a user from a PC to access and control other PCs or servers on a LAN or WAN or across the Internet, Kim said.
Proxy inherited a "broad and deep customer base" with a concentration in the educational, health care, financial, and professional services and government markets, Kim said. The Boeing Co. and Monsanto Co. are among its largest customers, he said.
Proxy, formed by de Anda Capital LLC, a private equity investment company, will have about 10 employees, Kim said.
Joe Ryan, vice president at Sunnyvale, Calif.-based Juniper, said that while Proxy remains a "great product ... it's not within Juniper's area of focus."
Kim said Juniper expects to focus more on network security rather than management of computers and servers.
Read more about Networking in Computerworld's Networking Topic Center.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Fixing Intermittent Performance Problems Intermittent performance problems are among the most frustrating and time-consuming issues IT administrators face. Read this white paper and learn how technology advances...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- Live Webcast Master the Changing SAP Landscape with Performance Management SAP landscapes are not getting simpler. Gradually, business processes that used to be contained on a single SAP system now involve a range...
- Navigating the New Wireless Landscape Thriving in the new wireless landscape View Now>>
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!