HD-DVD group to step up promotion in North America
Group plans $150M ad campaign
IDG News Service - A group of companies backing the HD-DVD high-definition optical disc standard is planning to step up promotional activities in the U.S. and Canada, the companies said Tuesday.
Toshiba Corp., Intel Corp., Microsoft Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co., Paramount Home Entertainment, Warner Home Video, and Universal Studios Home Entertainment have established a new company to raise awareness of HD-DVD. The format is one of two new optical disc systems that is battling to become the de facto replacement for DVDs for high-definition content.
North American HD DVD Promotional Group Inc. and its member companies are planning a $150 million advertising campaign spanning the year-end holiday period and into 2007. The campaign will cover print, online, television and outdoor media and push both the format's hardware and movie titles due out over the coming months.
Toshiba began selling two HD-DVD players in North America in April, beating rival Blu-ray Disc to market by about two months. Speaking in late May a Toshiba executive said sales in North America were above 20,000. The first Blu-ray Disc player to go on sale was Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.'s BD-P1000, which hit stores in mid-June.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Storage Hardware White Papers | Webcasts