HD-DVD group to step up promotion in North America
Group plans $150M ad campaign
IDG News Service - A group of companies backing the HD-DVD high-definition optical disc standard is planning to step up promotional activities in the U.S. and Canada, the companies said Tuesday.
Toshiba Corp., Intel Corp., Microsoft Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co., Paramount Home Entertainment, Warner Home Video, and Universal Studios Home Entertainment have established a new company to raise awareness of HD-DVD. The format is one of two new optical disc systems that is battling to become the de facto replacement for DVDs for high-definition content.
North American HD DVD Promotional Group Inc. and its member companies are planning a $150 million advertising campaign spanning the year-end holiday period and into 2007. The campaign will cover print, online, television and outdoor media and push both the format's hardware and movie titles due out over the coming months.
Toshiba began selling two HD-DVD players in North America in April, beating rival Blu-ray Disc to market by about two months. Speaking in late May a Toshiba executive said sales in North America were above 20,000. The first Blu-ray Disc player to go on sale was Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.'s BD-P1000, which hit stores in mid-June.
- Top Five Reasons Why Customers Deploy a Flash 1st Strategy on EMC VNX Storage Read why with a FLASH 1st strategy, customers don't need to compromise between performance and TCO.
- Analyst: EMC's FLASH 1st Strategy Gain insight from analyst ESG on Flash storage and how the logic and value behind EMC's strategy for Flash.
- Addressing the Broken State of Backup with a New Category of Disk-Based Backup Solutions Today, IT organizations are faced with a number of challenges when managing backup processes, including the need for faster backup, restore, tape copy,...
- Optimizing Approaches to Enterprise Backup and Recovery IT organizations are faced with ensuring that backups occur in the shortest amount of time and are not operationally disruptive as well as...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Storage Hardware White Papers | Webcasts