RedRoller.com launches as price-comparison site for shipping services
Company says users can save up to 50% on their annual shipping costs
RedRoller.com, a Web site that offers comparison shopping of shipping services for small businesses, online retailers and consumers, launched today.
By entering the destination and weight of a package at RedRoller.com, users can save time and money by comparing shipping services from carriers such as the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx Corp. and DHL Worldwide Express, as well as regional carriers, according to the company. Norwalk, Conn.-based RedRoller.com presents the choices based on delivery time and price and enables an "apples-to-apples" comparison of shipping carriers by providing price and service visibility for small business customers, the company said.
Users can sort the results by price, carrier, delivery or pick-up time. Shipping labels can be printed on any printer, and a pickup time can be scheduled or the package can be left at the nearest drop-off location, RedRoller said.
"We level the playing field for small businesses who depend on shipping," said William VanWyck, founder and CEO of RedRoller.com. "We make shipping easier than ever by letting small businesses compare, ship and save both time and money."
The site is fully integrated with eBay Inc. to help online auction sellers, the company said. RedRoller said its service, which is free, can save small businesses up to 50% annually on shipping. The company earns revenue through affiliated marketing with other companies, clickthroughs and advertising, a spokesman said.
The service has no upfront costs or monthly fees and includes reporting and tracking, maps to the nearest drop-off locations, hours of operation, address verification and e-mail notifications.
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts