RedRoller.com launches as price-comparison site for shipping services
Company says users can save up to 50% on their annual shipping costs
RedRoller.com, a Web site that offers comparison shopping of shipping services for small businesses, online retailers and consumers, launched today.
By entering the destination and weight of a package at RedRoller.com, users can save time and money by comparing shipping services from carriers such as the U.S. Postal Service, FedEx Corp. and DHL Worldwide Express, as well as regional carriers, according to the company. Norwalk, Conn.-based RedRoller.com presents the choices based on delivery time and price and enables an "apples-to-apples" comparison of shipping carriers by providing price and service visibility for small business customers, the company said.
Users can sort the results by price, carrier, delivery or pick-up time. Shipping labels can be printed on any printer, and a pickup time can be scheduled or the package can be left at the nearest drop-off location, RedRoller said.
"We level the playing field for small businesses who depend on shipping," said William VanWyck, founder and CEO of RedRoller.com. "We make shipping easier than ever by letting small businesses compare, ship and save both time and money."
The site is fully integrated with eBay Inc. to help online auction sellers, the company said. RedRoller said its service, which is free, can save small businesses up to 50% annually on shipping. The company earns revenue through affiliated marketing with other companies, clickthroughs and advertising, a spokesman said.
The service has no upfront costs or monthly fees and includes reporting and tracking, maps to the nearest drop-off locations, hours of operation, address verification and e-mail notifications.
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Is a SaaS Deployment Right for You? Find out the answer and as well as the other deployment options.
- Discover How Mail Express Solves 2 of Your Biggest IT Headaches Email. It can be the source of some of IT's biggest headaches. As it eats up storage and bandwidth, it also opens up...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Management White Papers | Webcasts