MySQL acquiring data management system vendor Alzato
It plans to integrate Alzato's NDB Cluster into its products
Computerworld - Open-source database vendor MySQL AB is acquiring data management software vendor Alzato, which is a division of Ericsson Business Innovation AB.
In an announcement today, Uppsala, Sweden-based MySQL said it's buying Stockholm-based Alzato for its NDB Cluster, a high-availability data management system built for the telecommunications industry that uses open architecture and application programming interfaces for compatibility.
Under the deal, MySQL will integrate the NDB Cluster technology into its products and offer it in MySQL database applications next year.
Marten Mickos, CEO of MySQL, said in a statement that the NDB Cluster technology "will extend the cost-efficient scalability of the MySQL database to provide carrier-grade availability and high throughput in a clustered environment. The MySQL database is evolving to address a broader range of applications and markets, and technologies like NDB Cluster will help us reach our technology and company goals faster."
MySQL is available under the free-software/open-source GNU general public license (GPL) or under non-GPL commercial licenses.
In July, MySQL announced a partnership with Redmond, Wash.-based hardware vendor Pogo Linux Inc. to build and sell a preconfigured, integrated MySQL database appliance, the Pogo DataWare 2600 Server (see story).
And in June, MySQL signed a deal with SAP AG to help deliver an enterprise-class version of the MySQL database (see story).
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Case Study: Intuit Turns to Self-Service IT Intuit empowered its users to resolve their own IT issues with a consumer-like experience to free IT to focus on more strategic initiatives....
- Automation for a Better Tomorrow Check out the five most common annoyances facing enterprise IT service desks today, and how automation can resolve all of them. Download the...
- Beyond the Enterprise App Store Leverage proactive, secure and automated IT Service delivery to move beyond the traditional App Store and empower your users. Read the white paper...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the...
- Princess Cruises collaborates across the globe in the IBM cloud Norm Ayers, Director of Emergency Response and Social Projects at Princess Cruises explains how IBM and Cloud helped the company rapidly scale its... All Management White Papers | Webcasts