Computerworld - TruSecure Adds Risk Management
TruSecure Corp. has announced a new enterprise security management application. Risk Commander is a risk management tool that pulls and analyzes data from other security products, such as scanners, firewalls and network management tools, in order to spot relationships between seemingly disconnected security events.
Risk Commander will be available in November. Prices will start at $150,000 for an enterprise license, according to Herndon, Va.-based TruSecure.
Beyond Fear, by Bruce Schneier, Copernicus Books, 2003.
Schneier is a world-renowned cryptography expert who literally wrote the book on the subject when he penned Applied Cryptography. In these pages, he tackles broader security issues in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.
Beyond Fear is intriguing and thought-provoking. Taking examples from the headlines and from his experiences studying homeland security issues, Schneier teaches us to avoid fear and use good sense when making security choices. He cites interesting facts to help readers keep things in perspective. For example, he reports that while many people may worry about shark attacks, more people die each year in pig attacks than shark attacks.
Schneier helps readers draw their own conclusions about which post-9/11 changes made the public more secure and which were aimed at making us feel more secure. The book's value lies in his ability to get readers to look at security problems from a different angle. -- Vince Tuesday
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- EndPoint Interactive eGuide In this eGuide, Network World, Computerworld, and CIO examine two endpoint trends - BYOD and collaboration - and offer tips and advice on...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives: Reinvent your Network Security The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Surescripts Case Study- Securing Keys and Certificates Surescripts implemented Venafi's Trust Protection Platform™ to secure digital keys and certificates, ensure the privacy and confidentiality of electronic clinical information for its...
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!