Computerworld - TruSecure Adds Risk Management
TruSecure Corp. has announced a new enterprise security management application. Risk Commander is a risk management tool that pulls and analyzes data from other security products, such as scanners, firewalls and network management tools, in order to spot relationships between seemingly disconnected security events.
Risk Commander will be available in November. Prices will start at $150,000 for an enterprise license, according to Herndon, Va.-based TruSecure.
Beyond Fear, by Bruce Schneier, Copernicus Books, 2003.
Schneier is a world-renowned cryptography expert who literally wrote the book on the subject when he penned Applied Cryptography. In these pages, he tackles broader security issues in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.
Beyond Fear is intriguing and thought-provoking. Taking examples from the headlines and from his experiences studying homeland security issues, Schneier teaches us to avoid fear and use good sense when making security choices. He cites interesting facts to help readers keep things in perspective. For example, he reports that while many people may worry about shark attacks, more people die each year in pig attacks than shark attacks.
Schneier helps readers draw their own conclusions about which post-9/11 changes made the public more secure and which were aimed at making us feel more secure. The book's value lies in his ability to get readers to look at security problems from a different angle. -- Vince Tuesday
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Gartner Report: A Guide to Gartner's Enterprise Mobile Security Self-Assessment Gartner introduces a model and a Toolkit intended to help mobility and security IT leaders assess their enterprise mobility programs from a security...
- Gartner Report: Containing Mobile Security Risks With the 80/20 Rule IT planners can deliver better mobile protection with higher user satisfaction by segmenting users into risk groups before committing to specific management or...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts