Computerworld - TruSecure Adds Risk Management
TruSecure Corp. has announced a new enterprise security management application. Risk Commander is a risk management tool that pulls and analyzes data from other security products, such as scanners, firewalls and network management tools, in order to spot relationships between seemingly disconnected security events.
Risk Commander will be available in November. Prices will start at $150,000 for an enterprise license, according to Herndon, Va.-based TruSecure.
Beyond Fear, by Bruce Schneier, Copernicus Books, 2003.
Schneier is a world-renowned cryptography expert who literally wrote the book on the subject when he penned Applied Cryptography. In these pages, he tackles broader security issues in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.
Beyond Fear is intriguing and thought-provoking. Taking examples from the headlines and from his experiences studying homeland security issues, Schneier teaches us to avoid fear and use good sense when making security choices. He cites interesting facts to help readers keep things in perspective. For example, he reports that while many people may worry about shark attacks, more people die each year in pig attacks than shark attacks.
Schneier helps readers draw their own conclusions about which post-9/11 changes made the public more secure and which were aimed at making us feel more secure. The book's value lies in his ability to get readers to look at security problems from a different angle. -- Vince Tuesday
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Mitigating Security Risks at the Networks Edge This white paper provides strategies and best practices for distributed enterprises to protect their networks against vulnerabilities, threats, and malicious attacks.
- 5 Strategies for Modern Data Protection Read the five strategies for modern data protection that will not only help solve your current data management challenges but also ensure that...
- 5 Ways Dropbox for Business Keeps Your Data Protected Protecting your data isn't a feature on a checklist, something to be tacked on as an afterthought. Download here to find out how...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!