Computerworld - TruSecure Adds Risk Management
TruSecure Corp. has announced a new enterprise security management application. Risk Commander is a risk management tool that pulls and analyzes data from other security products, such as scanners, firewalls and network management tools, in order to spot relationships between seemingly disconnected security events.
Risk Commander will be available in November. Prices will start at $150,000 for an enterprise license, according to Herndon, Va.-based TruSecure.
Beyond Fear, by Bruce Schneier, Copernicus Books, 2003.
Schneier is a world-renowned cryptography expert who literally wrote the book on the subject when he penned Applied Cryptography. In these pages, he tackles broader security issues in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.
Beyond Fear is intriguing and thought-provoking. Taking examples from the headlines and from his experiences studying homeland security issues, Schneier teaches us to avoid fear and use good sense when making security choices. He cites interesting facts to help readers keep things in perspective. For example, he reports that while many people may worry about shark attacks, more people die each year in pig attacks than shark attacks.
Schneier helps readers draw their own conclusions about which post-9/11 changes made the public more secure and which were aimed at making us feel more secure. The book's value lies in his ability to get readers to look at security problems from a different angle. -- Vince Tuesday
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Tablets in the Enterprise: A Checklist for Successful Deployment How can you enterprise manage and secure tablets in order to protect corporate data while providing access to the information and applications employees...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise File Sync & Share Checklist File sync and share has changed the way people work and collaborate in today's tech-savvy world. Gone are the email roadblocks, clunky FTP...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Security White Papers | Webcasts