Sierra Atlantic links PeopleSoft to rival applications
IDG News Service - PeopleSoft Inc. plans to offer its customers packaged business process integration software products from Sierra Atlantic Inc. that will enable PeopleSoft applications to integrate with enterprise applications from competitors like SAP AG and Oracle Corp., according to a Sierra Atlantic executive.
The move is in line with PeopleSoft's strategy to offer Process Integration Packs (PIP) that are packaged, prebuilt software for directly integrating PeopleSoft applications with third-party applications. Utilizing the integration technology in PeopleSoft's AppConnect, these are process-aware integration programs that understand business-process logic, message types, data, routing and escalation requirements.
PeopleSoft, in Pleasanton, Calif., launched last month the first six of these PIPs for its CRM application. These PIPs were developed by Sierra Atlantic, according to Marc Hebert, executive vice president for marketing and alliances at the company.
"It is an OEM deal, and PeopleSoft will be selling the products with their brand," said Raju Reddy, CEO of Sierra Atlantic. "The opportunity for us is to offer services for deploying these products."
"Sierra Atlantic is working with us to help build the Process Integration Packs," said Brad Wilson, PeopleSoft's vice president of CRM marketing. "We've worked with [Sierra Atlantic] on and off for a number of years, and given their expertise in those target applications from SAP and Oracle, and in technology PIPs using our platform, they were a natural choice." Wilson wouldn't, however, confirm details of the OEM relationship with Sierra Atlantic on the PIPs.
Sierra Atlantic in Fremont, Calif., is an IT services company that offers enterprise applications implementation, integration, maintenance and upgrades to more than 200 customers.
Sierra Atlantic also uses its offshore facility in Hyderabad, India, to do software development for enterprise application vendors like PeopleSoft, Oracle and Siebel Systems Inc. Sierra Atlantic set up a development hub earlier this year in Hyderabad for PeopleSoft that would work on product development, as well as build up a consulting, implementation and integration practice around PeopleSoft's enterprise software. "We have currently about 60 people working at this hub, and we rotate some of them between product development and our services practice," Reddy said.
The company's core business of enterprise application implementation, integration and related services currently accounts for about 75% of Sierra Atlantic's revenue, with the balance coming from product development for enterprise application vendors.
The Sierra Atlantic business process integration software, to be offered by PeopleSoft, goes beyond adapters, according to Reddy.
"Adapters allow you to extract data or write data, but not at the business process level," added Reddy. "The business processes we are addressing, like quote-to-cash or install-to-maintain, involve a number of other
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- HTTP Status Code Cheat Sheet Look at the Graph, Find the Code and Boom - You're Solving Problems. Identifying and understanding common HTTP status codes can go a...
- Architects lead the next generation of data-driven applications Read this whitepaper to find out how application architects can quickly and confidently deliver long-lasting applications that minimize cost, complexity, and risk while...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Desktop Apps White Papers | Webcasts