Q&A: Microsoft's Bill Landefeld on Software Assurance changes
The goal was to add value to the licensing package
Computerworld - Microsoft Corp. disclosed this week that expanded training, support and management benefits will be available as of September for companies that purchased Software Assurance agreements for upgrade rights to its products. Bill Landefeld, vice president of worldwide licensing and pricing at Microsoft, spoke yesterday with Computerworld about the additional benefits. Excerpts from that interview follow:
Under the Software Assurance program, customers pay an annual fee for upgrade rights to Microsoft products, but the upgrade cycle has been somewhat slow for some products. Did that put pressure on you to add value to Software Assurance? There's always pressure on us to deliver for our customers. Did the rate of the upgrade cycle put more or less pressure on us? I would say no. ... Really, what this is in response to is customer feedback after the Licensing 6.0 rollout, in terms of what more they expect from a vendor like Microsoft through a Software Assurance type of program.
Under Software Assurance, customers pay an annual fee of 25% of the volume-license fee for server products and 29% for desktop products to gain upgrade rights to products. Several people have complained that other vendors charge a lower percentage fee and include support with it. Did Microsoft look at competitive offerings and try to do something that was comparable? We're always listening to customers, and certainly, our customers keep us very aware of what our competitors are offering. So yes, we definitely look at the industry. We see what our competitors are doing. Our competitors are changing all the time, and this is a fast-moving industry.
Bill Landefeld of Microsoft
The one thing that we're very pleased about is that we give customers a choice whether to include services in their software upgrade purchases or not. You can't get upgrade protection without buying services from several of our competitors.
I think our Software Assurance percentage rates, if you just look at that, are actually pretty close to where Oracle and IBM would come with our new offering here, in the low to mid-20s. So I feel pretty good about
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts