WinFX: the new Windows API in Longhorn
From Developer.net: WinFX, the Longhorn API, is the API for Windows in Longhorn. Though WinFX in its first release within Longhorn is actually a peer to the Win32 API, it will eventually supersede the Win32 API (requires free registration).
Combine streams in one .NET Framework Stream object
From CleverComponents.com: This article represents a simple Stream class whose data is based on the number of another .NET Framework streams.
From Planet-Source-Code.com: Just to highlight some commong beginner errors while programming in Micro Java like: - date/time - user interface - RecordStore.
Java Web Component Tutorial
From VisualBuilder.com: A comprehensive introduction to Java Web Components that should give you a quick start on developing and writing good quality industrial level Web Component software. Everything will be explained from the very basics so you do not need to have any pre-requisites apart from basic Web development experience.
SOAP's Alive: Try the New Native SOAP Extensions for PHP
From DevX.com: With PHP5, Web services and everybody's favorite open source Web development language are now native pals.
A Simple DOM-Based XML Manager Class
From CodeGuru.com: A simple wrapper class using DOM (Document Object Model) to manipulate XML files.
Previous Best of the Web Entries:
Structured Exception Handling in Visual Studio .NET
From informit.com: You have to handle exceptions in your programs, or the application will crash. (Users take exception to that.) Learn how to use Visual Studio's tools to throw and catch, elegantly and easily.
How to Write High-Performance C# Code
From .Net Developer's Journal: Writing code that runs quickly is sometimes at odds with writing code quickly. C.A.R. Hoare, computer science luminary and discoverer of the QuickSort algorithm, famously proclaimed, "Premature optimization is the root of all evil." The extreme programming design principle of "You Aren't Gonna Need It" (YAGNI) argues against implementing any features, including performance optimizations, until they're needed.
Building a Better Configuration Settings Class
From DevX.com: .NET provides a basic configuration management class, but it's not as flexible or easy to use as it could be. Find out how you can create a more flexible interface that provides strong typing, encryption, and write access to your application settings.
.NET Mobile Tutorial
From W3Schools.com: This tutorial is about how to develop mobile applications with an extension to the .NET Framework, called the Microsoft Mobile Internet Toolkit (MMIT) or simply .NET Mobile.
Allowing Only Numbers in ASP. NET TextBoxes
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ The following are answers to common questions about Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for teams membership, purchasing, security, and storage.
- What's coming to Adobe Creative Cloud Editing and video content creation workflows are about to get easier and more exciting, with major updates coming soon to Creative Cloud, bringing...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All App Development White Papers | Webcasts