Computerworld - Policy
- Establish a no-exceptions policy against the use of wireless LANs without approval of the IT department.
- Set up an amnesty program that will allow employees to disclose their self-installed APs to the IT department within a one-month period.
- Encourage use of properly installed, configured and secured wireless LANs - if the business case justifies their use.
- Use sniffing tools to physically survey all facilities for wireless LAN signals, and then zero in on unauthorized devices.
- Don't ignore low-tech, small or obscure operations, such as truck terminals, loading docks, branch offices, factories and the maintenance department. It takes only one rogue AP to open up an enterprise network.
- Continue to issue reminders of the no-exceptions policy.
- Sniff premises periodically.
- Consider centrally managed systems for detecting rogue APs within large organizations.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives: Reinvent your Network Security The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Surescripts Case Study- Securing Keys and Certificates Surescripts implemented Venafi's Trust Protection Platform™ to secure digital keys and certificates, ensure the privacy and confidentiality of electronic clinical information for its...
- Ponemon 2014 SSH Security Vulnerability Report According to research by the Ponemon Institute, 3 out of 4 enterprises have no security controls in place for SSH which leaves organizations...
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!