Computerworld - Policy
- Establish a no-exceptions policy against the use of wireless LANs without approval of the IT department.
- Set up an amnesty program that will allow employees to disclose their self-installed APs to the IT department within a one-month period.
- Encourage use of properly installed, configured and secured wireless LANs - if the business case justifies their use.
- Use sniffing tools to physically survey all facilities for wireless LAN signals, and then zero in on unauthorized devices.
- Don't ignore low-tech, small or obscure operations, such as truck terminals, loading docks, branch offices, factories and the maintenance department. It takes only one rogue AP to open up an enterprise network.
- Continue to issue reminders of the no-exceptions policy.
- Sniff premises periodically.
- Consider centrally managed systems for detecting rogue APs within large organizations.
Read more about Security in Computerworld's Security Topic Center.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Mitigating Security Risks at the Networks Edge This white paper provides strategies and best practices for distributed enterprises to protect their networks against vulnerabilities, threats, and malicious attacks.
- 5 Strategies for Modern Data Protection Read the five strategies for modern data protection that will not only help solve your current data management challenges but also ensure that...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!