Computerworld - J2EE
Runs on any operating system and application server (may need adjustments)
Handles complex, high- volume, high-transaction applications
Has more enterprise features for session management, fail-over, load balancing and application integration
Is favored by experienced enterprise vendors such as IBM, BEA, SAP and Oracle
Offers a wide range of vendor choices for tools and application servers
Has a proven track record
Has a complex application development environment
Tools can be difficult to use
Java Swing environment's ability to build graphical user interfaces has limitations
May cost more to build, deploy and manage applications
Lacks built-in support for Web services standards
Is difficult to use for quick-turnaround, low-cost and mass-market projects
Easy-to-use tools may increase programmer productivity
Has a strong framework for building rich graphical user interfaces
Gives developers choice of working in more than 20 programming languages
Is tightly integrated with Microsoft's operating system and enterprise server software
May cost less, due in part to built-in application server in Windows, unified management, less expensive tools
Has built-in support for Web services standards
Framework runs only on Windows, restricting vendor choice
Users of prior Microsoft tools and technology face a potentially steep learning curve
New runtime infrastructure lacks maturity
Questions persist about the scalability and transaction capability of the Windows platform
Choice of integrated development environments is limited
Getting older applications to run in new .Net environment may require effort
Read more about App Development in Computerworld's App Development Topic Center.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Adobe Creative Cloud FAQ The following are answers to common questions about Adobe® Creative Cloud™ for teams membership, purchasing, security, and storage.
- What's coming to Adobe Creative Cloud Editing and video content creation workflows are about to get easier and more exciting, with major updates coming soon to Creative Cloud, bringing...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All App Development White Papers | Webcasts