Cisco enhances 10000 Series edge services routers
IDG News Service - BOSTON -- Cisco Systems Inc. Tuesday announced enhancements to its Cisco 10000 Series family of edge services routers, offering service providers IPSec protocol and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) virtual private network (VPN) technology.
The Cisco 10000 Series will now include the Cisco IPSec VPN Service Module to offer site-to-site remote access and MPLS VPNs, the company said in a statement. A VPN is a private data network that takes advantage of the Internet to send secure, encrypted messages or files and allows access to a corporate network as if the user were on a LAN. VPNs require both hardware and software.
Cisco 10000 Series edge services routers are designed for service providers that are deploying Internet Protocol services at the edge of the network, the point where network subscribers can attach to an Internet service provider's network. Each Cisco 10000 Series IPSec VPN Service Module can scale up to 25,000 IPSec tunnels with Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) throughput of 250M bit/sec., the company said. A tunnel is the path from the client to the server using a VPN to securely send a message or a file.
The new Cisco IPSec VPN module will be available next month, the company said. The U.S. list price for the module will be $49,000.
- Cisco warns of revenue slide, increases job cuts, April 16, 2001
- Users say new Cisco VPN device cuts network costs, April 9, 2001
- New tools aimed at VPN management, March 12, 2001
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts