Cisco enhances 10000 Series edge services routers
IDG News Service - BOSTON -- Cisco Systems Inc. Tuesday announced enhancements to its Cisco 10000 Series family of edge services routers, offering service providers IPSec protocol and Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) virtual private network (VPN) technology.
The Cisco 10000 Series will now include the Cisco IPSec VPN Service Module to offer site-to-site remote access and MPLS VPNs, the company said in a statement. A VPN is a private data network that takes advantage of the Internet to send secure, encrypted messages or files and allows access to a corporate network as if the user were on a LAN. VPNs require both hardware and software.
Cisco 10000 Series edge services routers are designed for service providers that are deploying Internet Protocol services at the edge of the network, the point where network subscribers can attach to an Internet service provider's network. Each Cisco 10000 Series IPSec VPN Service Module can scale up to 25,000 IPSec tunnels with Triple Data Encryption Standard (3DES) throughput of 250M bit/sec., the company said. A tunnel is the path from the client to the server using a VPN to securely send a message or a file.
The new Cisco IPSec VPN module will be available next month, the company said. The U.S. list price for the module will be $49,000.
- Cisco warns of revenue slide, increases job cuts, April 16, 2001
- Users say new Cisco VPN device cuts network costs, April 9, 2001
- New tools aimed at VPN management, March 12, 2001
- SharePlan Security SharePlan is a continuous, secure, enterprise-ready file sync and share platform that facilitates smart, real-time collaboration across all devices.
- Three Ways Your DNS Can Impact DDoS Attacks Domain Name System (DNS) plays a big role in consumers' day-to-day Internet usage and is a critical factor when it comes to distributed...
- 3 Reasons Why You Need Real User Web Performance Measurements Learn why a traditional (technical) understanding of website performance needs to be replaced with a competitive one, a model where performance equates to...
- The Winter Games - Your Way During the 2014 Winter Olympics, video streams from the Akamai network reached devices internationally. Learn how Akamai provided stream security and analytics capabilities...
- Online Video and Web Traffic: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games Over 25 leading global broadcasters worked with Akamai to deliver the action, excitement and inspiration of Sochi because they understand online viewers expect...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts