Computerworld - Location: 577 Second Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, Calif. 94611
Telephone: (415) 547-2700
The technology: Internet micropayments
Why it's worth watching: Appends charges to existing customer bills, like ISP fees and wireless phone bills
Company officers: Jim Justice, founder and chief adviser Bradley Rode, CEO Alexandre Gonthier, chief technology officer and vice president of product development
Employees: 50; increasing 100% per year
Milestones: 1998: Founded Fall 1999: Global payment system debuted
Burn money: Accel Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Gil Amelio, Geneva Venture Partners
Products: E-Content Payment System
Customers: EMusic.com Inc., ArtistDirect Inc., The Orchard LLC, Mjuice.com, The Digital Music Co.
Partners: FlashNet Communications, GRIC Communications Inc., AT&T Corp.
Red flags for IT: Few ISPs and other billing services have signed on. Plus, marketing efforts are split between ISPs and merchants. There's a four-year history of consumers snubbing micropayment schemes. Is anyone besides music sites interested?
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Defense throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle with Alert Logic Threat and Log Manager New security threats are emerging all the time, from new forms of malware and web application exploits that target code vulnerabilities to attacks...
- QA Automation: Reducing Test Execution While Improving Coverage A leading capital investment firm in the US was in need of a comprehensive, cost effective and flexible solution to reduce their existing...
- Protect your brand with Alert Logic PCI DSS compliance solutions Alert logic's cloud-powered solutions help organizations that process, store or transmit credit card data eliminate the burden of PCI compliance. This product brief...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the...
- Princess Cruises collaborates across the globe in the IBM cloud Norm Ayers, Director of Emergency Response and Social Projects at Princess Cruises explains how IBM and Cloud helped the company rapidly scale its... All Management White Papers | Webcasts