Computerworld - Location: 577 Second Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, Calif. 94611
Telephone: (415) 547-2700
The technology: Internet micropayments
Why it's worth watching: Appends charges to existing customer bills, like ISP fees and wireless phone bills
Company officers: Jim Justice, founder and chief adviser Bradley Rode, CEO Alexandre Gonthier, chief technology officer and vice president of product development
Employees: 50; increasing 100% per year
Milestones: 1998: Founded Fall 1999: Global payment system debuted
Burn money: Accel Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Gil Amelio, Geneva Venture Partners
Products: E-Content Payment System
Customers: EMusic.com Inc., ArtistDirect Inc., The Orchard LLC, Mjuice.com, The Digital Music Co.
Partners: FlashNet Communications, GRIC Communications Inc., AT&T Corp.
Red flags for IT: Few ISPs and other billing services have signed on. Plus, marketing efforts are split between ISPs and merchants. There's a four-year history of consumers snubbing micropayment schemes. Is anyone besides music sites interested?
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- Who does NSS Labs "Recommend" for NGFW? In 2012, NSS Labs found that most available NGFW solutions "fell short in performance and security effectiveness." In 2013 NSS Labs noted "marked...
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The Keys to Securing Data in a Collaborative Workplace Losing data is costly. IT professionals have spent years learning how to protect their organizations from hackers, but how do you ward off...
- The Growing Demand for Rich Media This white paper discusses how IBM Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition can automate rich media workflows, from collaborating with creative agencies and...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer... All Management White Papers | Webcasts