Computerworld - Location: 577 Second Street, Suite 200, San Francisco, Calif. 94611
Telephone: (415) 547-2700
The technology: Internet micropayments
Why it's worth watching: Appends charges to existing customer bills, like ISP fees and wireless phone bills
Company officers: Jim Justice, founder and chief adviser Bradley Rode, CEO Alexandre Gonthier, chief technology officer and vice president of product development
Employees: 50; increasing 100% per year
Milestones: 1998: Founded Fall 1999: Global payment system debuted
Burn money: Accel Partners, Sutter Hill Ventures, Gil Amelio, Geneva Venture Partners
Products: E-Content Payment System
Customers: EMusic.com Inc., ArtistDirect Inc., The Orchard LLC, Mjuice.com, The Digital Music Co.
Partners: FlashNet Communications, GRIC Communications Inc., AT&T Corp.
Red flags for IT: Few ISPs and other billing services have signed on. Plus, marketing efforts are split between ISPs and merchants. There's a four-year history of consumers snubbing micropayment schemes. Is anyone besides music sites interested?
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- VDI and Beyond: Addressing Top IT Challenges to Drive Agility and Growth This paper explores a collection of compelling FlexCast services to highlight how XenDesktop can drive a modern, mobile workforce toward greater agility and...
- Mission Critical: Managing Mobile Applications & Content Smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices have become embedded in enterprise processes, thanks to the consumerization of IT and a new generation of...
- The Challenges and Opportunities of Mobile Application Development Nearly all business users now demand mobile devices--their own or company-owned--along with anywhere access to corporate applications and data. What turns mobile devices...
- Maintain Less. Create More. Spend less on maintenance and spend more time creating with Red Hat Enterprise Linux. Read on to learn how Red Hat can help...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different.... All Management White Papers | Webcasts