Computerworld - Technology vendors and data center suppliers were also invited to participate in Computerworld's search for the Top Green-IT Organizations. These companies completed the same survey as the end user organizations and were judged on the same criteria -- most notably, on their IT departments' efforts to reduce energy consumption in their IT equipment, and to use technology to conserve energy and lower carbon emissions. Here are the top 12, in ranked order:
1. Fujitsu Ltd., Tokyo, Japan
2. Hewlett-Packard Co., Palo Alto, Calif.
3. Accenture, Chicago
4. Microsoft Corp., Redmond, Wash.
5. Qualcomm Inc., San Diego
6. IBM, Somers, N.Y.
7. Intel Corp., Santa Clara, Calif.
8. BT Group, London
9. SAP AG, Walldorf, Germany
10. Internap Network Services, Atlanta
11. Dell Inc., Austin
12. Avnet Inc., Phoenix
More Green-IT 2011
Read more about Data Center in Computerworld's Data Center Topic Center.
- Oracle EBS and RAC Performance & Elasticity on Vblock™ Systems VCE Vblock™ Systems provide simple, low-risk solutions for migrating from a physical to virtual environment.
- Backup and Recovery of Oracle EBS on VCE Vblock™ Systems This solution architecture describes the key features and benefits of backup and recovery in the virtualized Oracle EBS on Vblock Systems with EMC...
- Zero Downtime Migration for Oracle EBS R12 with RAC on Vblock™ Systems The validation testing of a typical customer configuration outlined in this white paper, utilizes a virtualized Oracle EBS environment. The results illustrate that...
- Agility & Scalability for Oracle EBS R12 and RAC on VMware vSphere 5 This white paper outlines extensive performance and scalability testing of Oracle EBS applications on a Vblock™ Systems with vSphere 5.
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!