Banks can reap 300% ROI from advanced smartphone services, study says
Computerworld - Leading-edge banks are earning additional revenue by enabling customers to use mobile devices to transfer money, pay utility bills, apply for credit or trade stocks, according to a TowerGroup study commissioned by Accenture PLC that was released this month.
In fact, banks that invest in sophisticated mobile services can see a return on investment as high as 300%, the study found.
But achieving that level of success requires more than just communicating with customers via text messages. The study of 10 innovative banks around the world had these recommendations for banks planning to offer advanced mobile services:
- Provide a rich, interactive suite of tools that are convenient and relevant to customers.
- Offer customers the same experience on their smartphones that they have on their laptops.
- Educate customers on how to use mobile services.
- Keep fees as low as possible.
- Measure customers' usage patterns and satisfaction rates on a regular basis.
- Ensure that employees are passionate about serving mobile customers.
Mobile banking ventures provide lucrative opportunities for cross-selling and reaching the next generation of customers, the study said.
Read more about Government/Industries in Computerworld's Government/Industries Topic Center.
- Finance - Interactive eGuide In this e-Guide, Computerworld, IDG News Service and IT World examine software-defined data centers, customer experience tools, and security issues that are top...
- Deep Security +VMware vSphere with Operations Management Most midsize organizations are highly virtualized on VMware, and while this has produced significant savings, it also has created new challenges when it...
- Single-Vendor Security Ecosystems Offer Concrete Benefits Over Point Solutions IT security decision-makers from companies with 100 to 5,000 employees evaluates the current endpoint security solution market based on Forrester's own market data,...
- Best Practices for Security and Compliance with Amazon Web Services This paper will discuss what part of the shared responsibility equation customers are responsible for and what some of the recommended security practices...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All Government/Industries White Papers | Webcasts