Banks can reap 300% ROI from advanced smartphone services, study says
Computerworld - Leading-edge banks are earning additional revenue by enabling customers to use mobile devices to transfer money, pay utility bills, apply for credit or trade stocks, according to a TowerGroup study commissioned by Accenture PLC that was released this month.
In fact, banks that invest in sophisticated mobile services can see a return on investment as high as 300%, the study found.
But achieving that level of success requires more than just communicating with customers via text messages. The study of 10 innovative banks around the world had these recommendations for banks planning to offer advanced mobile services:
- Provide a rich, interactive suite of tools that are convenient and relevant to customers.
- Offer customers the same experience on their smartphones that they have on their laptops.
- Educate customers on how to use mobile services.
- Keep fees as low as possible.
- Measure customers' usage patterns and satisfaction rates on a regular basis.
- Ensure that employees are passionate about serving mobile customers.
Mobile banking ventures provide lucrative opportunities for cross-selling and reaching the next generation of customers, the study said.
Read more about Government/Industries in Computerworld's Government/Industries Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The value of smarter oil and gas fields With global energy requirements continuing to rise, the exploration, development and production of new oil and gas resources are shifting to increasingly challenging...
Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Accelerating Speed to Market in the Highly Competitive Automotive Industry This White Paper discusses how an Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution optimizes project analysis, management, reporting and risk mitigation processes to accelerate new...
- Hedge Your Bets This report explains how visibility and increased governance is key to reducing risk.
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Government/Industries White Papers | Webcasts