Banks can reap 300% ROI from advanced smartphone services, study says
Computerworld - Leading-edge banks are earning additional revenue by enabling customers to use mobile devices to transfer money, pay utility bills, apply for credit or trade stocks, according to a TowerGroup study commissioned by Accenture PLC that was released this month.
In fact, banks that invest in sophisticated mobile services can see a return on investment as high as 300%, the study found.
But achieving that level of success requires more than just communicating with customers via text messages. The study of 10 innovative banks around the world had these recommendations for banks planning to offer advanced mobile services:
- Provide a rich, interactive suite of tools that are convenient and relevant to customers.
- Offer customers the same experience on their smartphones that they have on their laptops.
- Educate customers on how to use mobile services.
- Keep fees as low as possible.
- Measure customers' usage patterns and satisfaction rates on a regular basis.
- Ensure that employees are passionate about serving mobile customers.
Mobile banking ventures provide lucrative opportunities for cross-selling and reaching the next generation of customers, the study said.
Read more about Government/Industries in Computerworld's Government/Industries Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Manufacturing Outlook: Improving time to market, operational effectiveness and innovation in a highly competitive environment An enterprise project portfolio management solution can help manufacturers position themselves in the new competitive landscape.
- Time-to-Market: The Need for Speed in the Automotive Industry Bringing new vehicles to market quickly has never been more challenging. To bring new models to market on-time and on budget, automakers need...
- Patient Portals: A Platform for Connecting Communities of Care Connecting patient health data across the care continuum is essential to achieve improved care, increased access to personal health records and lowered costs.
- 3 Ways Clinicians Can Leverage a Patient Portal to Craft a Healthcare Community With a bevy of vendors offering patient portal solutions, it can be challenging for a hospital to know where to start. Fortunately, YourCareCommunity...
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Government/Industries White Papers | Webcasts