Banks can reap 300% ROI from advanced smartphone services, study says
Computerworld - Leading-edge banks are earning additional revenue by enabling customers to use mobile devices to transfer money, pay utility bills, apply for credit or trade stocks, according to a TowerGroup study commissioned by Accenture PLC that was released this month.
In fact, banks that invest in sophisticated mobile services can see a return on investment as high as 300%, the study found.
But achieving that level of success requires more than just communicating with customers via text messages. The study of 10 innovative banks around the world had these recommendations for banks planning to offer advanced mobile services:
- Provide a rich, interactive suite of tools that are convenient and relevant to customers.
- Offer customers the same experience on their smartphones that they have on their laptops.
- Educate customers on how to use mobile services.
- Keep fees as low as possible.
- Measure customers' usage patterns and satisfaction rates on a regular basis.
- Ensure that employees are passionate about serving mobile customers.
Mobile banking ventures provide lucrative opportunities for cross-selling and reaching the next generation of customers, the study said.
Read more about Government/Industries in Computerworld's Government/Industries Topic Center.
- Market Overview: Digital Customer Experience Delivery Platforms Forrester states that businesses today struggle to understand and use the tools necessary to create and manage unified, multichannel digital customer experiences across...
- The Growing Demand for Rich Media This white paper discusses how IBM Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition can automate rich media workflows, from collaborating with creative agencies and...
- The Next Generation Employee Experience This white paper from IBM, showcases five organizations that are strategically integrating emerging social software and tools with their existing investments and seeing...
- Jyske Bank extends brand message to more than one million visitors a month IBM WebSphere Portal software helps bank offer a clearly differentiated digital experience
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success! All Government/Industries White Papers | Webcasts