Computerworld - Technology vendors and data center suppliers were also invited to participate in Computerworld's search for the Top Green-IT Organizations. These companies completed the same survey as the end-user organizations and were judged on the same criteria -- most notably, on their IT departments' efforts to reduce energy consumption in their IT equipment, and to use technology to conserve energy and lower carbon emissions. Here are the top 12, in ranked order:
1. Fujitsu Ltd., Sunnyvale, Calif.
2. Dell Inc., Round Rock, Texas
3. NetApp Inc., Sunnyvale, Calif.
4. Verizon Wireless, Basking Ridge, N.J.
5. Intel Corp., Santa Clara, Calif.
6. Hewlett-Packard Co., Palo Alto, Calif.
7. Qualcomm Inc., San Diego
8. Accenture PLC, New York
9. Terremark Worldwide Inc., Miami
10. Microsoft Corp., Redmond, Wash.
11. Symantec Corp., Mountain View, Calif.
12. Affordable Internet Services Online Inc. (AISO), Romoland, Calif.
More on Top Green-IT
Read more about Data Center in Computerworld's Data Center Topic Center.
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- Workload Change: The 70 Percent of Your Business DevOps Forgot Adding WLA early in the development process ensures that the benefits of DevOps accrue for all applications, including your batch services. This paper...
- Oracle EBS and RAC Performance & Elasticity on Vblock™ Systems VCE Vblock™ Systems provide simple, low-risk solutions for migrating from a physical to virtual environment.
- Backup and Recovery of Oracle EBS on VCE Vblock™ Systems This solution architecture describes the key features and benefits of backup and recovery in the virtualized Oracle EBS on Vblock Systems with EMC...
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!