Computerworld - Technology vendors and data center suppliers were also invited to participate in Computerworld's search for the Top Green-IT Organizations. These companies completed the same survey as the end-user organizations and were judged on the same criteria -- most notably, on their IT departments' efforts to reduce energy consumption in their IT equipment, and to use technology to conserve energy and lower carbon emissions. Here are the top 12, in ranked order:
1. Fujitsu Ltd., Sunnyvale, Calif.
2. Dell Inc., Round Rock, Texas
3. NetApp Inc., Sunnyvale, Calif.
4. Verizon Wireless, Basking Ridge, N.J.
5. Intel Corp., Santa Clara, Calif.
6. Hewlett-Packard Co., Palo Alto, Calif.
7. Qualcomm Inc., San Diego
8. Accenture PLC, New York
9. Terremark Worldwide Inc., Miami
10. Microsoft Corp., Redmond, Wash.
11. Symantec Corp., Mountain View, Calif.
12. Affordable Internet Services Online Inc. (AISO), Romoland, Calif.
More on Top Green-IT
Read more about Data Center in Computerworld's Data Center Topic Center.
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America Cloud-enabled managed hosting brings cloudlike consumption and provisioning attributes to the traditional managed hosting market
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!