Computerworld - Technology vendors and data center suppliers were also invited to participate in Computerworld's search for the Top Green-IT Organizations. These companies completed the same survey as the end-user organizations and were judged on the same criteria -- most notably, on their IT departments' efforts to reduce energy consumption in their IT equipment, and to use technology to conserve energy and lower carbon emissions. Here are the top 12, in ranked order:
1. Fujitsu Ltd., Sunnyvale, Calif.
2. Dell Inc., Round Rock, Texas
3. NetApp Inc., Sunnyvale, Calif.
4. Verizon Wireless, Basking Ridge, N.J.
5. Intel Corp., Santa Clara, Calif.
6. Hewlett-Packard Co., Palo Alto, Calif.
7. Qualcomm Inc., San Diego
8. Accenture PLC, New York
9. Terremark Worldwide Inc., Miami
10. Microsoft Corp., Redmond, Wash.
11. Symantec Corp., Mountain View, Calif.
12. Affordable Internet Services Online Inc. (AISO), Romoland, Calif.
More on Top Green-IT
Read more about Data Center in Computerworld's Data Center Topic Center.
- Data Center Projects: Project Management The project management model described in this paper is a framework to show essential characteristics that must be considered in any implementation of...
- The Truth About Virtual Computing for CAD If you're a user of graphics-intensive software such as 3D modeling, simulation and analysis, and visualization, you might be skeptical about moving to...
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology IBM is a leader in Gartner Inc's Magic Quadrant for Data Masking Technology. Read the full report to learn about IBM.
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!