Add a staffing firm to your job search arsenal
Even under stable economic conditions, job searches can be frustrating. Networking nonstop, pursuing leads that don't pan out and keeping a constant watch on job boards can become draining and stressful. In the tech industry, an additional challenge is finding a position that takes advantage of your skills and allows for professional growth.
Whether you're actively seeking a new position or are just having doubts about your job security, a staffing firm can provide peace of mind as well as practical career assistance.
If you're unemployed, registering with a staffing firm can ease the pressure to produce results on your own (though you should continue pursuing your own leads). In most cases, you visit the firm once, register and take appropriate skills tests. Then, assuming you've chosen the right firm, a team of well-connected staffing professionals works to find you a suitable position. Because of their long-standing relationships with employers, they often can open doors to opportunities that haven't been advertised or announced. That gives you an advantage over the legions of job seekers scouring publicly available listings.
If you're employed, working with a staffing firm can improve your career's overall health. A good staffing firm doesn't just link you to a job -- it also provides free training to help you fill any gaps that may limit you now or in the future. For example, a recruiting professional might help you identify a key skill that employers seek, or help you revamp your résumé to showcase your most marketable strengths.
Avoid career dead ends
For IT professionals concerned about their long-term career growth, finding an attractive position is only half the battle. All too often, an initially appealing job reveals itself to be a career detour or dead end. By connecting you to part-time or project-based work that can lead to full-time employment with the same employer, staffing firms enable you to make better-informed career decisions.
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Client Virtualization Software 2013 Vendor Assessment IDC has placed Citrix in the 2013 IDC MarketScape Leaders Category once again noting that, "Citrix's position reflects the company's market leadership and...
- Infographic: Top Use Cases for Desktop Virtualization A wide range of business issues is driving IT toward desktop virtualization. One solution-Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology-helps IT teams empower their entire...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.