Computerworld - These cutting-edge technologies from research labs and companies that are looming on the horizon. Special thanks go to our six scouts and nine judges, who helped find and evaluate the Computerworld Horizon Award winners featured here. (See how they were chosen.)
Eleksen Group PLC's Sideshow Wearable Display Module
What it does: Using its unique patented fabric technology, ElekTex, Eleksen has developed a Vista Sideshow module in collaboration with Microsoft Corp. that can be incorporated into computer bags, briefcases, backpacks, fabric keyboards or clothing. Users can see schedules, phone numbers, addresses and recent e-mail messages without having to start up their laptops. Read more…
Company Web site: www.eleksen.com
Stanford University's EyePoint
What it does: EyePoint makes it possible for eye-gaze to be used as a viable alternative to the mouse (or other pointing techniques) forpointing and selection tasks, such as surfing the Web. Your hands don't have to leave the keyboard, so the technology works well in constrained spaces, such as airplanes. Read more…
EyePoint Web site
Ghost Inc.'s Global Hosted Operating System
What it does: Ghost moves the operating system onto the Web, providing users with a Ghost virtual computer -- a free PC environment accessible from any browser. With a single online file system, single log-in and sharing collaboration, Ghost brings together Web 2.0 applications and offers an alternative to Windows. Read more…
Company Web site: http://G.ho.st
Linguistic Agents Ltd.'s Streaming Logic
What it does: This intelligent command engine bridges natural language and computer language, allowing machines to "understand" the actual meaning embedded in a sentence. Read more…
Company Web site: www.linguisticagents.com
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service - Back-Office Solutions that Keep You in Front Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs.
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
All Applications White Papers |