Computerworld - These cutting-edge technologies from research labs and companies that are looming on the horizon. Special thanks go to our six scouts and nine judges, who helped find and evaluate the Computerworld Horizon Award winners featured here. (See how they were chosen.)
Eleksen Group PLC's Sideshow Wearable Display Module
What it does: Using its unique patented fabric technology, ElekTex, Eleksen has developed a Vista Sideshow module in collaboration with Microsoft Corp. that can be incorporated into computer bags, briefcases, backpacks, fabric keyboards or clothing. Users can see schedules, phone numbers, addresses and recent e-mail messages without having to start up their laptops. Read more…
Company Web site: www.eleksen.com
Stanford University's EyePoint
What it does: EyePoint makes it possible for eye-gaze to be used as a viable alternative to the mouse (or other pointing techniques) forpointing and selection tasks, such as surfing the Web. Your hands don't have to leave the keyboard, so the technology works well in constrained spaces, such as airplanes. Read more…
EyePoint Web site
Ghost Inc.'s Global Hosted Operating System
What it does: Ghost moves the operating system onto the Web, providing users with a Ghost virtual computer -- a free PC environment accessible from any browser. With a single online file system, single log-in and sharing collaboration, Ghost brings together Web 2.0 applications and offers an alternative to Windows. Read more…
Company Web site: http://G.ho.st
Linguistic Agents Ltd.'s Streaming Logic
What it does: This intelligent command engine bridges natural language and computer language, allowing machines to "understand" the actual meaning embedded in a sentence. Read more…
Company Web site: www.linguisticagents.com
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts