Brief: HP to support MySQL
HP already supports open-source vendors such as JBoss and Symas
Computerworld - Hewlett-Packard Co. said yesterday that it will begin supporting the open-source MySQL database via a MySQL AB program aimed at smaller business customers.
As part of the agreement, HP and its channel partners will resell subscriptions to the MySQL Network, a service and support package aimed at small and midsize organizations. HP will start selling services next month, with its channel partners following suit starting in June.
Cupertino, Calif.-based MySQL will train HP Services professionals so they can directly provide support to users.
This is the third such agreement that HP has inked with an open-source software provider. HP has similar agreements with application server vendor JBoss Inc., which is being acquired by Red Hat Inc. under a deal announced earlier this month, and with Tarzana, Calif.-based Symas Corp., which provides an OpenLDAP directory technology.
Non-open-source software vendors that HP supports in this manner include Oracle Corp. and BEA Systems Inc.
HP said it will incorporate MySQL into its new HP Open Source Middleware Stacks, offering three different ways to deploy open-source middleware on HP platforms.
Read more about Applications in Computerworld's Applications Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Mobile Applications Case Study: 8 Billion Transactions a Day The story documents how the online brokerage company tradeMONSTER created a custom mobile app and the success gleaned from this initiative. Also covered...
- The Case for Mobile Apps Today's mobile apps turn handheld devices into e-book readers, portable navigation systems, digital wallets and more. And for organizations with mobile workers, they...
- Mobile Expense Management--Picking up the Money on the Ground Integrating and managing mobility expenses across multiple carriers can generate savings and improve organizational decision making.
- Partners in Mobile Device Management: AirWatch & CDW When it comes to Mobile Device Management, it's not just what you know. It's who you know. That's why CDW partners with industry...
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- Mobile Apps and Devices Slash Customer Cycle Time Consolidated Engineering Laboratories' field employees used to collect data on triplicate forms that were sometimes hard to read and difficult to manage. After...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts