Brief: HP to support MySQL
HP already supports open-source vendors such as JBoss and Symas
Computerworld - Hewlett-Packard Co. said yesterday that it will begin supporting the open-source MySQL database via a MySQL AB program aimed at smaller business customers.
As part of the agreement, HP and its channel partners will resell subscriptions to the MySQL Network, a service and support package aimed at small and midsize organizations. HP will start selling services next month, with its channel partners following suit starting in June.
Cupertino, Calif.-based MySQL will train HP Services professionals so they can directly provide support to users.
This is the third such agreement that HP has inked with an open-source software provider. HP has similar agreements with application server vendor JBoss Inc., which is being acquired by Red Hat Inc. under a deal announced earlier this month, and with Tarzana, Calif.-based Symas Corp., which provides an OpenLDAP directory technology.
Non-open-source software vendors that HP supports in this manner include Oracle Corp. and BEA Systems Inc.
HP said it will incorporate MySQL into its new HP Open Source Middleware Stacks, offering three different ways to deploy open-source middleware on HP platforms.
Read more about Applications in Computerworld's Applications Topic Center.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts