Brief: HP to support MySQL
HP already supports open-source vendors such as JBoss and Symas
Computerworld - Hewlett-Packard Co. said yesterday that it will begin supporting the open-source MySQL database via a MySQL AB program aimed at smaller business customers.
As part of the agreement, HP and its channel partners will resell subscriptions to the MySQL Network, a service and support package aimed at small and midsize organizations. HP will start selling services next month, with its channel partners following suit starting in June.
Cupertino, Calif.-based MySQL will train HP Services professionals so they can directly provide support to users.
This is the third such agreement that HP has inked with an open-source software provider. HP has similar agreements with application server vendor JBoss Inc., which is being acquired by Red Hat Inc. under a deal announced earlier this month, and with Tarzana, Calif.-based Symas Corp., which provides an OpenLDAP directory technology.
Non-open-source software vendors that HP supports in this manner include Oracle Corp. and BEA Systems Inc.
HP said it will incorporate MySQL into its new HP Open Source Middleware Stacks, offering three different ways to deploy open-source middleware on HP platforms.
Read more about Applications in Computerworld's Applications Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service - Back-Office Solutions that Keep You in Front Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs.
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts