IDG News Service - SugarCRM Inc. on Wednesday introduced Sugar Network, a bundle of software, online training and support for users of the open-source version of its customer relationship management (CRM) software. The company also officially unveiled the next release, Version 4.2, of its commercial and open-source Sugar CRM products.
Sugar Network represents the first time the company is providing full support to its open-source users, according to John Roberts, CEO of SugarCRM. Previously, the company's open-source support was incident-based, he said in a recent phone interview. Cupertino, Calif.-based SugarCRM made the announcement at the LinuxWorld conference in Boston this week.
Sugar Network includes plug-ins for Microsoft Corp.'s Outlook and Word, the messaging and word processing applications in the desktop Office suite. SugarCRM is selling Sugar Network as an annual subscription for $99 per user. Subscribers will also be able to access training modules in Sugar University, SugarCRM's planned online training environment, which is expected to appear in the summer.
The main focus of Release 4.2 is an improved plug-in for Outlook, according to Roberts. The plug-in has a new user interface and improved integration with Microsoft's messaging software so that users can manage SugarCRM from within Outlook, he said.
In February, SugarCRM and Microsoft announced plans to improve interoperability between Microsoft's Windows Server and SugarCRM's software through a technical collaboration project. As part of that deal, SugarCRM is due to release Version 4.5 of its CRM software under the Microsoft Community License. The license is part of Microsoft's Shared Source Initiative, a program for sharing source code with customers, partners and governments.
Sugar 4.5 is in "mid-development right now" and should appear in June with support for Microsoft's SQL Server database, according to Roberts.
For on-premise deployment, the firm's commercial Sugar Professional 4.2 and Sugar Enterprise 4.2 software cost from $239 and $449 per user per year, respectively. The on-demand versions of the products start from $39.95 per user per month for Sugar Professional and $74.95 per user per month for Sugar Enterprise.
Sugar Open Source 4.2 can be downloaded for free.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Acxiom Case Study This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- Windows® XP Migration: Protect and Secure Critical Data With the end of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system's lifecycle on April 8, 2014, businesses are faced with the decision to migrate...
- Exponentially Accelerate Data Protection and Recovery with Simpana 10 IntelliSnap® Snapshot Management Technology Are you making the best use of your storage array snapshot functionality? CommVault Simpana 10 IntelliSnap technology manages hardware-based snapshots across multiple vendor...
- Simpana IntelliSnap Technology Datasheet With IntelliSnap you can maximize the value of your snapshot technology while dramatically reducing management overhead and complexity.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
All Applications White Papers |