IDG News Service - SugarCRM Inc. on Wednesday introduced Sugar Network, a bundle of software, online training and support for users of the open-source version of its customer relationship management (CRM) software. The company also officially unveiled the next release, Version 4.2, of its commercial and open-source Sugar CRM products.
Sugar Network represents the first time the company is providing full support to its open-source users, according to John Roberts, CEO of SugarCRM. Previously, the company's open-source support was incident-based, he said in a recent phone interview. Cupertino, Calif.-based SugarCRM made the announcement at the LinuxWorld conference in Boston this week.
Sugar Network includes plug-ins for Microsoft Corp.'s Outlook and Word, the messaging and word processing applications in the desktop Office suite. SugarCRM is selling Sugar Network as an annual subscription for $99 per user. Subscribers will also be able to access training modules in Sugar University, SugarCRM's planned online training environment, which is expected to appear in the summer.
The main focus of Release 4.2 is an improved plug-in for Outlook, according to Roberts. The plug-in has a new user interface and improved integration with Microsoft's messaging software so that users can manage SugarCRM from within Outlook, he said.
In February, SugarCRM and Microsoft announced plans to improve interoperability between Microsoft's Windows Server and SugarCRM's software through a technical collaboration project. As part of that deal, SugarCRM is due to release Version 4.5 of its CRM software under the Microsoft Community License. The license is part of Microsoft's Shared Source Initiative, a program for sharing source code with customers, partners and governments.
Sugar 4.5 is in "mid-development right now" and should appear in June with support for Microsoft's SQL Server database, according to Roberts.
For on-premise deployment, the firm's commercial Sugar Professional 4.2 and Sugar Enterprise 4.2 software cost from $239 and $449 per user per year, respectively. The on-demand versions of the products start from $39.95 per user per month for Sugar Professional and $74.95 per user per month for Sugar Enterprise.
Sugar Open Source 4.2 can be downloaded for free.
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
- The ADC's Role in the New Network Infrastructure Cloud computing and the BYOD trend will impact the design of future datacenters and their supporting networks. As these trends continue, application delivery...
- Three Key Principles to Accelerating Web Applications Read this article to learn more about the essential principles driving web application acceleration technologies today.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts