Asetek teases enthusiasts with 5.5-GHz Pentium 4 system
The company, which specializes in cooling systems, overclocked a Pentium 4 chip
IDG News Service - Asetek Inc., a Danish company that specializes in cooling systems, will demonstrate this week a PC running an Intel Corp. Pentium 4 processor that has been overclocked to 5.46 GHz, the company said in a statement.
The PC, called Dream Machine, is based on a 3.8-GHz Pentium 4 and includes two separate cooling systems from Asetek. The VapoChill LightSpeed system keeps the processor running at a temperature of -33 degrees Celsius when operating at maximum processing loads, while the company's WaterChill system keeps the computer's graphics chip and motherboard components from overheating.
The VapoChill LightSpeed uses a vapor compression system to dissipate heat from the processor, according to Asetek, which described the system as 10 times more efficient than water cooling and 50 times more efficient than air cooling.
Dream Machine will be on display at the CeBIT exhibition in Hanover, Germany, which runs through March 15.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- 4 Customers who never have to refresh their PCs again This paper illustrates a common theme: the combination of desktop virtualization and thin client computing helps organizations deliver an up-to-date user experience more...
- Mobile Devices: The New Thin Clients Get essential guidance for understanding the role thin clients plus virtual desktops play in the enterprise today.
- Taking Windows Mobile on Any Device Taking Windows applications mobile has many advantages, but the process of identifying a solution is complex. Learn how to solve this complex problem...
- PaaS - Powering a New Era of Business IT Why PaaS has suddenly become relevant and irresistible to many organizations. Dive into the opportunities and considerations associated with using PaaS from an...
- Redefine Your IT Operations: Remote Office IT Has Never Been Simpler Join us to see why PC Pro named Dell PowerEdge VRTX the "2013 Server of the Year." PowerEdge VRTX may be just what...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them. All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts