Asetek teases enthusiasts with 5.5-GHz Pentium 4 system
The company, which specializes in cooling systems, overclocked a Pentium 4 chip
IDG News Service - Asetek Inc., a Danish company that specializes in cooling systems, will demonstrate this week a PC running an Intel Corp. Pentium 4 processor that has been overclocked to 5.46 GHz, the company said in a statement.
The PC, called Dream Machine, is based on a 3.8-GHz Pentium 4 and includes two separate cooling systems from Asetek. The VapoChill LightSpeed system keeps the processor running at a temperature of -33 degrees Celsius when operating at maximum processing loads, while the company's WaterChill system keeps the computer's graphics chip and motherboard components from overheating.
The VapoChill LightSpeed uses a vapor compression system to dissipate heat from the processor, according to Asetek, which described the system as 10 times more efficient than water cooling and 50 times more efficient than air cooling.
Dream Machine will be on display at the CeBIT exhibition in Hanover, Germany, which runs through March 15.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Redefine Your IT Operations: Remote Office IT Has Never Been Simpler Join us to see why PC Pro named Dell PowerEdge VRTX the "2013 Server of the Year." PowerEdge VRTX may be just what...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!