Asetek teases enthusiasts with 5.5-GHz Pentium 4 system
The company, which specializes in cooling systems, overclocked a Pentium 4 chip
IDG News Service - Asetek Inc., a Danish company that specializes in cooling systems, will demonstrate this week a PC running an Intel Corp. Pentium 4 processor that has been overclocked to 5.46 GHz, the company said in a statement.
The PC, called Dream Machine, is based on a 3.8-GHz Pentium 4 and includes two separate cooling systems from Asetek. The VapoChill LightSpeed system keeps the processor running at a temperature of -33 degrees Celsius when operating at maximum processing loads, while the company's WaterChill system keeps the computer's graphics chip and motherboard components from overheating.
The VapoChill LightSpeed uses a vapor compression system to dissipate heat from the processor, according to Asetek, which described the system as 10 times more efficient than water cooling and 50 times more efficient than air cooling.
Dream Machine will be on display at the CeBIT exhibition in Hanover, Germany, which runs through March 15.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Infographic: Converged Infrastructure Benefits This Infographic quantifies the savings organizations are realizing from increased deployment speed, higher availability, and lower annual costs.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Going Paperless? Here's What You Need to Think About As makers of some of the world's most popular PDF solutions, we often consult with businesses & governmental agencies that have the goal...
- The Big Data Opportunity for HR and Finance If CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and CHROs want to drive their businesses forward, they will need to quickly recognize the enormous value of big...
- Redefine Your IT Operations: Remote Office IT Has Never Been Simpler Join us to see why PC Pro named Dell PowerEdge VRTX the "2013 Server of the Year." PowerEdge VRTX may be just what...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!